What's your newest Buck knife

Three years after discontinued, Walmart still had one.
U4x3zvm.jpg

Three years after discontinued, Walmart still had one.
U4x3zvm.jpg

heck of a good find there. id be tempted to keep in the packaging if I found it for the price they sell at now......as I have a user version already......but then again it's a knife deserves to be put to use.

they were just putting the micarta 100s out----they look just like the ones mike and i had---420hc version----exactly the same---but i did not stick my fingers in what they were doing---will check em out closer wednesday...
these paradigms are badazz....

Just arrived from the Custom Shop last weekend -- a 110 in Black Palm Wood. Buck did a really nice job of matching the scales on this one...

XIgCLOA.jpg

jo41NfP.jpg

LOHrO7J.jpg
Interesting wood. Any idea of how it weathers over time? Thinking how cocobolo darkens to black or Osage orange changes to brown with use.

Interesting wood. Any idea of how it weathers over time? Thinking how cocobolo darkens to black or Osage orange changes to brown with use.

This is my first experience with Black Palm Wood, so don't know how it weathers over time. I was pleasantly surprised by the golden brown color of the wood. It's hard to get a read on this from the virtual scales supplied on Buck's custom configurator -- although internet searches (including some of Buck's own photos) do show this coloration. I think the look of the fibers running through the wood (as shown in the photo of the spine) is pretty cool -- these fibers show up as black dots on the crosscut.

Last edited:
This is my first experience with Black Palm Wood, so don't know how it weathers over time. I was pleasantly surprised by the golden brown color of the wood. It's hard to get a read on this from the virtual scales supplied on Buck's custom configurator -- although internet searching (including some of Buck's own photos) do show this coloration. I think the look of the fibers running through the wood (as shown in the photo of the spine) is pretty cool -- these fibers show up as black dots on the crosscut.
How's the texture on those scales? It looks like it might be slightly more grippy than ebony but it could be an illusion.

You are correct -- it is slightly more grippy than ebony. Running your finger along these scales, you can definitely feel that they are slightly textured, as opposed to completely smooth.
Fantastic! I have considered ordering a custom with the black palm but wanted to see a good example first. Now I'm convinced. Thank you!

Would like to see the linear cut, similar to what is shown on the spine, on any of the 100 series fixed blades.

Back