What's your newest Buck knife

Just Depends :eek:
Adding knife content to stay legal...
Packing for elk camp and taking these...

RuoRz3u.jpg
Good luck! I like when good looking knives are not just safe queens.:thumbsup:

A new to me (well, to my wife actually) Buck of the Month 945 Santoku with ebony scales and 12c27M steel. :D Thanks GPyro GPyro for letting me know this was up for sale!

The ad said that it had been used a few times, and that the wood had a small imperfection. Unfortunately that was a bit of an understatement. :(

The knife has very obviously been used quite a bit, and abused at that. There are a few gouges in the wood, and the small imperfection was actually a decent sized chunk taken out of the wood. There are a couple of other gouges too. Judging by the way the wood is swollen, the knife has pretty clearly been put in the dishwasher. There are also a couple of small cracks forming at the front of the knife. :(

I cleaned it up with sandpaper progression from 80 grit to 400 grit, so the scales aren't significantly larger than the tang, and also cleaned up the gouges/chunks taken out. The knife still has a whole lot of life left in it and I'm kind of happy I could save it from it's previous abusive household, lol. I wonder what Buck would charge to have it rehandled (not sure if they offer a paid service like that)...?

9Jm14tU.jpg

61oXs01.jpg

And since I'm getting ready to sharpen both knives, here it is with the BotM Chef Knife. :D

TiUVE5i.jpg

I remember you repeatedly wishing you had one of those..... So when I saw that one for sale I made a point to make you aware.

Too bad it's in rougher condition than advertised.
Sorry about that.
If nothing else it removes the hesitancy I have about using a pretty knife.......

My wife loves hers, and I hope yours does as well.
Best regards.

I remember you repeatedly wishing you had one of those..... So when I saw that one for sale I made a point to make you aware.

Too bad it's in rougher condition than advertised.
Sorry about that.
If nothing else it removes the hesitancy I have about using a pretty knife.......

My wife loves hers, and I hope yours does as well.
Best regards.

No need to be sorry! I’ll take a rough around the edges Buck Santoku over no Buck Santoku any day, lol. I really do appreciate you bringing it to my attention. A little sandpaper and it cleaned to pretty well. :D

The whole reason I picked up the BotM Chef knife and Santoku is because my wife refuses to use the Zwilling/Kramer 52100 Santoku or the Spyderco/Murray Super Blue Gyuto because they’re “too nice”… So the Santoku being a little beat up isn’t necessarily a bad thing. My wife has put the Chef knife though hell and it’s performed marvelously. I have little doubt the Santoku will do just as well. My wife was really stoked to receive it.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
A new to me (well, to my wife actually) Buck of the Month 945 Santoku with ebony scales and 12c27M steel. :D Thanks GPyro GPyro for letting me know this was up for sale!

The ad said that it had been used a few times, and that the wood had a small imperfection. Unfortunately that was a bit of an understatement. :(

The knife has very obviously been used quite a bit, and abused at that. There are a few gouges in the wood, and the small imperfection was actually a decent sized chunk taken out of the wood. There are a couple of other gouges too. Judging by the way the wood is swollen, the knife has pretty clearly been put in the dishwasher. There are also a couple of small cracks forming at the front of the knife. :(

I cleaned it up with sandpaper progression from 80 grit to 400 grit, so the scales aren't significantly larger than the tang, and also cleaned up the gouges/chunks taken out. The knife still has a whole lot of life left in it and I'm kind of happy I could save it from it's previous abusive household, lol. I wonder what Buck would charge to have it rehandled (not sure if they offer a paid service like that)...?

9Jm14tU.jpg

61oXs01.jpg

And since I'm getting ready to sharpen both knives, here it is with the BotM Chef Knife. :D

TiUVE5i.jpg
nice. shame last owner put in dishwasher or let sit in wet sink and dumped pots and pans on it or whatever.

worse comes to worse have someone else make some new scales for it. I like when Buck uses that steel. I prefer it to their 420hc. great knife and good find even if beat up a bit.

Jimbo...Dude...you gotta post pictures of your new knife. It's some kind of rule, or something.

Here's a picture of a 110 and a black cat that will do for the meantime.
p7RB0Zpl.jpg
Ah, it looks like any other new basic 110. Plus it has been on my belt for over a week at work already, so it's already looking used. Still, it's a joy to pull out a classy sharp edged 110 when I need to get cuttin done.

9Jm14tU.jpg

61oXs01.jpg

TiUVE5i.jpg
If this the one from the bay. I bid because I have been looking for one. I got to looking at pictures closer and retracted my bid. Needed some elbow grease. Cool find as they are not common.

My wife recently bought me a new 110 Pro for my birthday, with S30V blade, G10 handle, and Nickel bolsters, purchased directly from Buck.
Beautiful to look at and to hold. I have wanted this knife for some time now.
4.jpeg

However, as soon as I pulled it out of the box I could see the blade centering was way off, maybe not technically touching the liner, but within the width of a sheet of paper from rubbing.
And after a little closer look, I could see that the tip of the knife, maybe the last 3/16" or so, is bent in the opposite direction of the off-center blade.
I seriously doubt it, but it looks almost intentional as if the tip was touching and then it was bent in a way so as not to rub.

In any case, it's going back to Buck.
Can't wait for its replacement to get here!
2.jpeg3.jpeg

Here's a 110 I just bought at WM...
Lovely Cerlicam ebony scales, not black, but brown with tan intermingled(not streaked). Centered blade, it's a little gritty, but will flush out and be just fine.
What a deal!
liDTNw5.jpg

LlMaNgW.jpg
Looks great!

Back