What's your newest Buck knife

On the 898, I will get one now and again that has a loud spring. I flood the pivot with lube, wipe clean and work the blade back and forth manually. This seems to work if anyone else has this experience. Jeff Hubbard may know for sure but my guess is the spring loading and unloading scratches against the handle. Almost like it needs to take a set before quieting down.

Cool knife that works well and is unique in the world of automatics.

Stopped by one of those antique mall, craft & junk stores two days ago - one booth had plenty of good, old knives. I ended up with four knives (a Kabar fixed blade, two penknives, and this Two-Dot Buck 110 in perfect condition (blade full, no wobble or wiggle, intact slabs, no dings in the brass and with the original sheath). The belly of the blade was dull but that is very nearly back to a sharp, original edge profile now. OH
Buck_110_Two-Dot_Folding_Hunter.jpg

I just picked up a 639 with the Kraton/rubber handle. I love the scallops on the clip point and the 184 like saw teeth on the top of the blade. It just looked both cute and badas# at the same time lol! I got to find a shieth but it was a bargin BIN and I think it was listed for less than a minute when I seen it. First fixed blade Buck I have bought in a long,long time.

Newest and the only one 112:

20210921-144925.jpg

Is not perfect centering when closed an issue for the Buck 112 or should I ignore it?
your call. if its not rubbing I wouldn't care. even if it rubs..... id be okay with it, if its a user. you might not be okay with it. so you have to decide whether it will bug ya or not.

your call. if its not rubbing I wouldn't care. even if it rubs..... id be okay with it, if its a user. you might not be okay with it. so you have to decide whether it will bug ya or not.
☝️ This. It's your knife and it's your call.

Of all my Buck folders I only have one that is so off center that it barely touches the frame. Just enough that it clicks when carried and I don't carry it for that reason. I probably should have exchanged it right after it arrived but it's one of those 110 NS charcoal drop point builds from C & C. None remaining. I'll take it with me when I "hopefully" get the opportunity to tour the factory next year and they may be able to fix it.

ps
that darned border is closed for another month ☹️

Received my 112 Slim Pro today. It's a nice looking knife, slim and light. I like the micarta and the deep carry clip, great lock-up.
Centering is less impressive. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of trying to return for a better example and probably being picky, just expected the "Pro" to center up like a champ.

DCI0XPE.jpg

wFJMesB.jpg

b2zeXK9.jpg

Just got a pair of Bucks 'Open Season' 112 prototypes..Both nickel silver and brass framed. Not delivered yet so I can't post pictures. Finding prototype 112's is extremely difficult and a real challenge. Even if you are prepared to dig deep..

Just got a pair of Bucks 'Open Season' 112 prototypes..Both nickel silver and brass framed. Not delivered yet so I can't post pictures. Finding prototype 112's is extremely difficult and a real challenge. Even if you are prepared to dig deep..
Nice find! 👍 I've been trying to locate one of those myself.

Back