What's your newest Buck knife

This one arrived today, a 622 from C&C's last warehouse cleanout drop. Shoulda been more wary of that, but I'll blame it on buck fever or something. Not happy with the grind or the serrations (look like an afterthought to me)... going to try to send it back for a refund.

View attachment 1622634
Here's the one that I received...
20210831_173928-01.jpeg
Very similar to yours but I'm ok with it since it will be a user anyway. Over the long weekend I'm going to radius and sharpen that right angle at the leading edge of the serrations.
My other purchase from them was this beautiful distressed brown leather 119 sheath which looks really nice with the L.E. Ironwood...20210831_173231-01.jpeg

Here's the one that I received...
View attachment 1631144
Very similar to yours but I'm ok with it since it will be a user anyway. Over the long weekend I'm going to radius and sharpen that right angle at the leading edge of the serrations.
My other purchase from them was this beautiful distressed brown leather 119 sheath which looks really nice with the L.E. Ironwood...View attachment 1631148
darn. was hoping you'd get a better one than that. glad ya can make it work for ya though. sheath looks great.

wonder what retailer or dealer did that run of color in that model? did eBay ad say anything bout that?
No info. I wondered the same thing. I have a couple of Slim Selects in colors that were only available from Buck's website for a short period of time. Maybe this was a similar deal?

No info. I wondered the same thing. I have a couple of Slim Selects in colors that were only available from Buck's website for a short period of time. Maybe this was a similar deal?
yeah maybe that. I never really paid much attention to the model in the past, so could have easily slipped by me. seeing it now has got my interest on the history of it. thanks for sharing. cool find.

The turquoise Rival appears to be an exclusive. So, I don't think it is deal spotting to say that they are available at Academy Sports-Outdoors webstore.

I just received this beauty of a knife from a fellow forum member. This one has been modified by Leroy with Sambar Stag and Gold-web Turquoise handle and Brass Guard/Pommel. It comes in at 16.8 oz, so just over a pound and it feels like it. The blade spine comes in at a 1/4" at the thickest part. My understanding is Buck made the knife for Browning's Living History Series - Vietnam Commemorative.

Does anyone know more information about the Buck made for Browning knives? I think DeSotoSky DeSotoSky posted the first in the series in one of the Sunday Picture shows.

EvKW8LP.jpg

RpxWhrS.jpg

Last edited:
I just received this beauty of a knife from a fellow forum member. This one has been modified by Leroy with Sambar Stag and Gold-web Turquoise handle and Brass Guard/Pommel. It comes in at 16.8 oz, so just over a pound and it feels like it. The blade spine comes in at a 1/4" at the thickest part. My understanding is Buck made the knife for Browning's Living History Series - Vietnam Commemorative.

Does anyone know more information about the Buck made for Browning knives? I think DeSotoSky DeSotoSky posted the first in the series in one of the Sunday Picture shows.

EvKW8LP.jpg

RpxWhrS.jpg
VERY cool.
Leroy is indeed an artist.

In today's mail call from a very generous member who wishes to remain anonymous. (thank you again)
Like New C&C 110 with oak covers and 5160 blade. (Has to be a C&C. They the only ones who had Buck knives with 5160 blades.)
View attachment 1638989
Yes. It went onto my belt in the stud closure sheath, after a few pictures.

EDIT: Went in to a black Buck Distressed Leather sheath a couple hours later.

Last edited:
Makael, beautiful set! and the Legacy edition is very nice. I guess I didn't realize there were that many variations of 898. 👍

Back