What's your newest Buck knife

Couple used 112s I didn’t have, one is going to Buck for a spa treatment and one is getting the good olé at home spa treatment, the brown sheath with gold Buck Knives on it is pretty cool, last picture is what my mail man did that’s one of my packages on the ground, View attachment 1369424 View attachment 1369425 View attachment 1369427 View attachment 1369428 View attachment 1369430 View attachment 1369431

Wow, what a great pair! I think that's the first "first generation" 112 I have ever seen.

It's been a hectic few weeks of purchases but I'll try to get some pics up as time allows. We've received 8 1/2 inches of rain in the last 48 hours so we're still trying to dry things out.

Here's one of my four lightweights.

View media item 8626
The bottom two arrived yesterday. The two 55's on top were purchased months ago and I quite like that model so I caved and snagged one of the Indigo styles. It arrived with the handles a little proud in two corners but that was an easy fix. I wasn't thrilled with the walnut handles on the first one so I ordered the new ebony edition directly from Buck and she's a keeper. Last week I sanded down the iffy walnut scales and gave them two coats of Tru Oil. I'm very happy with the result. All three will see daily carry in the future.

I'm not sure what to do with the Cadet yet but there will be fun in experimenting.

Two more from the last week: BuckLite Max II 684 and 685.
20200701_162441-01.jpeg

I really like these and they're sure to see some use. Extremely light, incredible value and very sharp. Love the handles too as they fit my large hands well. The small one will go in a rifle case and the large will tag along in my afternoon hiking pack. As a matter of fact I'm going to run over to C Tire right now and grab another small for the missus.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow members out there!

Last edited:
Indeed, absolutely stunning grind and I'm a total sucker for creamy mastodon. Would you Buck guys be able to narrow down manufacture date? I don't see the date code like I'm familiar with on most Buck knives.

The guard style changed from pointed to blunt like yours about 1981. Date codes started in 1986. I would bracket the knife 1981 to 1985.
If the ivory is factory that would fit with the original Buck Custom shop which operated starting about 1981. Are there any initials on the knife?

Last edited:
The guard style changed from pointed to blunt like yours about 1981. Date codes started in 1986. I would assign 1981 to 1985 to the knife.
If the ivory is factory that would fit with the original Buck Custom shop which operated starting about 1981. Are there any initials on the knife?
No markings that I can find other than the tang stamp.

It's a little odd but I don't have a auto 112..I bought one of the first run hoping that it would be odd or marked in some way but except for the first year tang stamp just..ordinary. So I gifted it to my son Richard. I hope to solve that problem this summer with one of the Elites and if I can't find a odd one I'll settle for a factory blem..If I can find one..

I haven't posted here in a long time lol! Since I chase the odd ones this jumped out to me because of the engraving. I particularly like Service and Safety award knives and as a plus most are not expensive. This is my first ''Fire Crew' 112..View attachment 1370235 View attachment 1370236

That's awesome! I carried a #112 in it's leather sheath when I worked with the N.J. Forest Fire Service. Nothing better. I love my lightweight Bucks, but wouldn't want a synthetic handled knife in a nylon sheath on my belt when working a wildland fire.

Interesting, have some insider information to share Mike? ;) /Roger
guessing since big green is bankrupt.....again and Navajo Nation are buying their assets this time, this partnership will be cut.......

After many years of watching and waiting, a two pin 112:

Nz4EDuj.png

Back