Wheel of Time

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
I just finished the Wheel of Time series. What a journey. Couldn't read it fast enough. Woot!

Nice! I've read most of the series several times :eek:

I started years ago and then whenever a new book would come out, each time a new one finally came along so much time had passed I'd just start over again. Finally after the 8th or 9th book I stopped doing that and decided I'd just wait until they finally finished the series and I'd just read it all at once.

Andy, does this mean that all the books are finally finished and published? If so, I'll have to go back and see what ones I don't have, get them, and then read it all!

please don't DORK out like Andy.............nevermind it seems you already have

p.s. Jarrett add decriptions to your instagram posts

But that takes a long time! No seriously I'll try to do better about that.
I just posted something pretty cool on there btw you should check it out

Overall, a great read..... things get a tad "boring" around Book 5 or so. That last three that Brandon Sanderson wrote from Jordan's notes are excellent. Check out Sanderson's The Way of Kings. Unfortunately, I'll probably be dead before he finishes this series.

I've got to finish it one of these years. I was reading them as they came out, having to go back and read them again too many times to remember stuff so I decided to wait until the series was done. I had made it up to Book 9. Then Jordan passed away and I wasn't sure what would happen so it went on the back burner for me. I've heard Sanderson did a good job though so I'll have to start from scratch and go through it all.

On a somewhat related topic, anyone watching the Shannara Chronicles? I grew up on Brooks, Eddings, Feist, Lewis and of course Tolkien.

Nice! I've read most of the series several times :eek:

I started years ago and then whenever a new book would come out, each time a new one finally came along so much time had passed I'd just start over again. Finally after the 8th or 9th book I stopped doing that and decided I'd just wait until they finally finished the series and I'd just read it all at once.

Andy, does this mean that all the books are finally finished and published? If so, I'll have to go back and see what ones I don't have, get them, and then read it all!

I also read then repeatedly, ever time a new book came out I would start from the beginning. The final book came out a couple of years ago so you should be all set for a start to finish read of the series.

I switched to Audible about 10 years ago which allows me the time to go through tons of books since I listen to them literally during everything I do except work and hiking. I mostly listen to and read history and science these days but I would agree with 22-rimfire that Sandersons Way of Kings series has started off very well even though I don't care for most of his books, he did finish up the WOT series quite well I thought. I also really like Joe Abercrombie's books.

I just finished the Wheel of Time series. What a journey. Couldn't read it fast enough. Woot!

Consider yourself very lucky you found it now and not when I started reading it. The first book came out when I was a wee teenager and the last didn't arrive until i was 41-42 yrs old. Took over 20 flippen yrs to read the ending haha.

On a somewhat related topic, anyone watching the Shannara Chronicles? I grew up on Brooks, Eddings, Feist, Lewis and of course Tolkien.

Grew up on all those authors as well. Raymond Feist is an extraordinary storyteller. If anyone hasn't and gets a chance to read his books give em a go.

Cool. Do you listen to it on your phone while you work? I'm on book 10 that way. Great way to pass shop time.

Well If you guys need any fresh music to listen or ebooks to in the shop or at home please let me know. Ive got every type of music an books you can think of or want. Ive got like 4TB of MP3 you can put right on your phones, tablets,E reader or iPad or what ever. Happy Forge workers means some really, really sick stuff will pop out. Chuck

Grew up on all those authors as well. Raymond Feist is an extraordinary storyteller. If anyone hasn't and gets a chance to read his books give em a go.

Agreed.

Another must read IMO is King's Dark Tower Series. It only took 3 decades for him to finish.

Last edited:
I will say that Jordan may have spent too much time narrating from the female characters perspective. I bet during the series I read 500 pages describing their clothing...

Excellent series indeed! I need to re-read the whole thing to be honest. The whole series is standing on my bookshelf.

I personally really enjoyed the way Sanderson took over from Jordan. He wrote a good finale to an EPIC series.

Back