When will there be

...a Becker Parang ?

11"-ish blade

:D

I like that Becker 1095 cro-van
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
The sooner the better!

Im not really a parang guy, but I would still buy one if ethan made it.

while we wait grab a kabar johnson adventure parangatang or a bk21 and enjoy.

The Parangatang, aside from its handle, is one of the best choppers I have ever owned. Get one. Seriously.

I would buy one for sure. I think Dubs chopped a pic before, I could be wrong. Honestly, it seems almost inevitable that one comes along eventually. Might be waiting for the JAB to go away first.

The Parangatang is on my list for sure, other stuff just keeps getting in the way. That and the combat Kukri are about all that's left on my list of current production models. Oh, and the game stalker.

...a Becker Parang ?

11"-ish blade

:D

I like that Becker 1095 cro-van
maxresdefault.jpg

probably never? Ethan likes what he likes...

now, if KaBar would make some Bladite designs, i have ideas.

The parangatang is awesome. Not everyone likes the handle but the blade is outstanding.

The parangatang is awesome. Not everyone likes the handle but the blade is outstanding.

next to mass, angular momentum is king...

there are 21 classic knife shapes and fewer swords.

learn from history.

(and of course, i have to add disclamers of: close enough, seriously, and oh yeah)

it's hard to improve on centuries of known good shapes...

better alloys? sure...

With a Arched or cured blade edge like this, it would always be slicing. 3/16 thick

MYPCDG10.jpg

Last edited:
Kabar Parangatang with the Becker handle. The stock handle is not ergonomic. I own one and a paracord hand loop is necessary to keep it in my hand.

i don't get why people don't like that handle. mind you, Steve's originals are "better", but they fit my hand well. almost like a khukri. good stuff.

Back