Where does the line form for Bombshell?

I know there is no guarantee whenever Spyderco makes one of these extremely limited production knives. But I really want to maximize my chances. I’ve pre-ordered things like this before and never even got a notification email. Some of you must be really good at this... is there a strategy that will probably work?

It's a damn cool knife, and moreover a numbered flash batch of 1200, so the way things have been going I'm not so sure I am confident in the above sentiments that it will be easy to get. I'd love to have one, but I'm one less person to compete with when it comes to snagging this one, as I've decided to stop playing this limited run game with Spydercos. Well, never say never ;)

So no feelings on a particular vendor for pre-orders? It is worth the $280 to me... but I’m not going to pay double that later on eBay! Just looks like my kind of knife. Too special to EDC but too nice to just leave in a box either. I’m sure I would carry it on special occasions. I have BBQ open carry guns... might as well have a BBQ knife!

Gregg

I think you should be able to get one. It’s a pretty divisive knife looks wise and just being a flash batch doesn’t make it desirable. I could still find lil nilakka’s for sale around a year after their release.

I don’t think it will be too hard to find. The flash batch seems like it is intended to create demand through FOMO. That said, the Darn Dao and Lil Nilaka didn’t sell out all that fast and I doubt that this will either.

It looks more show than go to me. I need a point on a blade myself and the grind and stock thickness are not my preference.

Don't preorder, just keep your ear to the streets and jump on it when they're released.

It's a flash batch which means only one run. They will be highly oversold. I would suggest getting a pre-order in with a company you trust.

sal

It's a flash batch which means only one run. They will be highly oversold. I would suggest getting a pre-order in with a company you trust.

sal

That’s kind of what I think Sal. Sure, they will be expensive but only 1,200... I think they will evaporate very, very quickly! I know you can’t show any preference or make a vendor suggestion... but I was hoping someone here would point me at one specific place. I’ve bought knives from half a dozen shops but knives like this seem to show up at one or two places and not at all at others.

I just got mine from KnifeJoy

very nice. A little smaller than expected which I like and very smooth

I know these will be flipped but I truly hope most go to the BF brethren...

Bombshell......more of a dud. Sorry I just could not help myself, who names these. Not for me but I can understand the appeal. That is why Spyderco is so great, a knife for every taste, even my picky one.

Mine showed up yesterday. Not my normal style of knife but I'm really liking it! Good size good fidget factor and built like a tank! Happy I picked it up!

Back