Where does the line form for Bombshell?

I wanted to thank everyone for a picture of the knife being discussed

At that price and to me a big lack of pizzaz, I don’t see them selling out, but what do I know.

Mike

Seems like they sold out pretty fast and that everything that guy makes in his custom line gets snapped up too.

Glad I wasn't into this one.

Personally, I don't understand the appeal but there's one currently going unloved on the Exchange for an asking price of $395. Good luck w/that. LOL! ;)
Yes Sgt, when I saw the thread my reaction was “Why” does the line form?

Not trying to be an @ss, but the price and design leave me wondering. That said I hope everyone that wants one gets theirs.

I think Mr. Shabazz had a lot to do with that!
Let me disambiguate.

I think it's a really nice knife. I just don't like it myself. So using the yardstick of "Stuff I Like" for judging knife popularity could be called a double edged sword.

Second one sold for $365 on here, just like the first one, wonder where they came up with the price.

Sometimes it is hard to explain what a certain design "clicks" for you. In my case, I was watching the YouTube video with Eric doing a Reveal. And he had a table full of knives. Just looking at them spread out on the table, my eye went right to the Bombshell. I carry a Manix in my right front pocket as my EDC... so I'm perfectly accustomed to the "straight line/all business" look of my popular Spydies. But I seem to always be most strongly attracted to the ones with curves. A more organic look. If you look at the picture of the Bombshell, the cutting edge curves up, the hollow grind line follows it, and the nose of the spine curves down. It sort of makes a nose or alligator mouth... organic. So "the look" appealed to me. Then I noticed the stone washed blade, nice. The G-10 is olive with a very subtle profile and an attractive radiused pattern. The steel is one of my favorites. (Good thing, I've skipped several special run Spydies that checked all the boxed... but just had generic S30v...) Skeletonized titanium liners... with the individual number engraved on the inside.

It's a very nice knife. I've been meaning to get out the real camera and take a few photos of it up close. And next to one or two other Spydies for comparison. I'm happy I got one. Took a lot of clicks!

Purchased one last night, PayPal went through. Checked half hour later or so and they were sold out. "Great!" I thought, "got one just in time." Got an email from the retailer today that they were actually sold out at the time of my purchase and I'd be issued a refund. Oh well.

Spyderco-Bombshell-Flash-Batch-Green-G-10-SW-C250GTIP-BHQ-106194-jr-416w.jpg
Spyderco-Bombshell-Flash-Batch-Green-G-10-SW-C250GTIP-BHQ-106194-jr-spine-416w.jpg
Spyderco-Bombshell-Flash-Batch-Green-G-10-SW-C250GTIP-BHQ-106194-jr-side-416w.jpg

Back