Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

76F216B7-6193-4006-BB4F-94D588AD2811.jpeg
I like the handle re-profile!

I've tended lately to cycle through several days of one makers' knives for my EDCs, then move on to another brand for a period of time as in Spydies to RHKs to Shiros to CRKs and so on.

My buddy's been getting into better knives lately (yeah, I enabled him :rolleyes:), admired my Ritter Grips, and asked if I could find him something along that line as he'd never handled a Benchmade. He preferred the Mini size and I grabbed him a 556 with stock black scales and 154CM for 77 bucks on clearance. Centering, grinds, edge, action all were great but I was surprised to find the lockup so early that the barrel was half off the ramp and one could defeat the lock with pressure on the spine. I talked to KSF and they kindly offered me a return RMA and store credit as their mini Grips sold out so fast. I decided to keep the knife and fixed the issue myself easily by taking down the locking ramp with a SharpMaker diamond hone instead of going the BMK warranty route. My friend gets his knife right away and that started me on what promises to be a few days of Benchmade carry.

Here's the MiniGrip set up for my southpaw pal--

KR7E7i0.jpg

pmstp0i.jpg

Yesterday I carried my 908BK-1501 and today chose my modded 581, de-assisted, backspacer and lock button removed in favor of stand-offs, and hardware changed to black for thumb studs and bolster screws.

JTpIe53.jpg

2KT4viF.jpg

Yesterday I carried my 908BK-1501 and today chose my modded 581, de-assisted, backspacer and lock button removed in favor of stand-offs, and hardware changed to black for thumb studs and bolster screws.

JTpIe53.jpg

2KT4viF.jpg

581 standoff pics?

581 standoff pics?
Here's a couple close-up pics I just shot of the open back and stand-offs. The spacers are very plain and help show-off the highly skeletonized liners.

I just looked through my files but can't find a record of where I got them or their specs. It was one of the knife-making supply outfits. I had written to @boobar a few years ago after seeing his knife modded and he gave me the contact and sizes.

TazIoXs.jpg

0VBud6V.jpg

Back