Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

yJSXJat.jpg

Just got back from Ottawa where I picked up this little beauty. I've wanted the Cabela's 940 for quite sometime but something always bumped it out of the way. Well there is a "Sale" going on and I got this for around twenty bucks more than the standard 940, I made the move. Love the scales and the wood is quite nice as well. The D2 steel? I have no other D2 steel knives so this will be interesting.

Everything is fine as in little/to no blade play, grinds are good, sharpness fine and after a few days, I'll dial in the centering. It's (as usual with my other 940's) slightly favoring the clip side but I can live with that. That now makes 3 940's and a 943-2 "franken". Just threw on one of my DC clips and I should be good to go, at least for another couple months.

Edited to add: I adjusted the pivot, as they come into Canada tighter than a frog's ass, and after opening/closing a few dozen times centering is bang on. I have to say, of all my 940's (and most of my Benchmade's) this thing is about as perfect as BM can get it.
F4Y1IXf.jpg

Last edited:
Back