Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

I'm carrying a recent purchase, a 556-1. This is actually my first mini Grip although I bought one for my wife last year. I'm a big fan of this knife so far and the quality is good: perfect centering, good grind (a bit of the left side bias that seems common in recent BM blades), action nice but I expect it'll smooth out with use, and just a nice knife overall.

My last few purchases have been Spydercos and one thing I've noticed is that BM just seem way more solid and robust compared to all the Spydercos I own. Maybe it's the Axis lock but they just feel more substantial and better in the hand.

I'm carrying a recent purchase, a 556-1. This is actually my first mini Grip although I bought one for my wife last year. I'm a big fan of this knife so far and the quality is good: perfect centering, good grind (a bit of the left side bias that seems common in recent BM blades), action nice but I expect it'll smooth out with use, and just a nice knife overall.

My last few purchases have been Spydercos and one thing I've noticed is that BM just seem way more solid and robust compared to all the Spydercos I own. Maybe it's the Axis lock but they just feel more substantial and better in the hand.
I have a 556 already so I don't need a 556-1 (I have to keep telling myself that). However, I have absolutely no self control and my 551-1 wants a baby brother. Probably will turn out that I add one to the stable before too long... NOOOOOOO...

I have a 556 already so I don't need a 556-1 (I have to keep telling myself that). However, I have absolutely no self control and my 551-1 wants a baby brother. Probably will turn out that I add one to the stable before too long... NOOOOOOO...
A certain big Canadian knife website has the 556-1 on sale for Black Friday right now (that's why I picked one up)... the G-10 is a nice addition and aesthetically it is a really nice knife. Can't say much about the 20CV yet.

BM Crooked River, M4 blade and red G10 - from the BM Custom Shop.

0kQ8vpN.jpg

My new (classic green) 940. delivered today and have to mention there were no quality control issues at all. The best out the box I've had from Benchmade. Perfect centering, blade razor sharp and the bevel is perfect, no blade movement and it drops shut straight out the box. I'd post a photo but I'm at work and I'm surrounded by people scared of a Victorinox.
Really loving it and should have got one long ago.

Back