Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

I dropped my Mini Crooked River recently and the Dymondwood scale had a small crack at the lanyard hole. Benchmade was so kind to send me a pair of new Dymondwood scales. However, the new scales were quite dark and didnt have the nice "grain" structure of the old scales. So i decided to try some black rit-dye on the new scales - this is the result. I like how it turned out, you can still see some of the Dymondwood structure and it looks a bit like ebony wood. Looking forward to test the resistance of the dye...

2SAwFzF.jpg

xUv1ChF.jpg

I dropped my Mini Crooked River recently and the Dymondwood scale had a small crack at the lanyard hole. Benchmade was so kind to send me a pair of new Dymondwood scales. However, the new scales were quite dark and didnt have the nice "grain" structure of the old scales. So i decided to try some black rit-dye on the new scales - this is the result. I like how it turned out, you can still see some of the Dymondwood structure and it looks a bit like ebony wood. Looking forward to test the resistance of the dye...

2SAwFzF.jpg

xUv1ChF.jpg
That looks great!

Just got both of these. The mini trip was a "stormtrooper" version with white grips, I just today added the awt weathered red scales. I love the look, I think it's going to hide wear better than the other colors and overall it really transforms the knife into a solid little tank. Only issue is it sends a little tight so I have to adjust the pivot.

I haven't made up my mind on the freek yet. It's a great size and I loved the look but it seemed to want to open as I'm pulling it out of my pocket? I've never had that issue on other axis locks or the hogue Ritter I had for a little bit. I sold it and now want it back so I might just have to re-buy one.

67C846BB-7E5A-4589-B76B-C3D3979E6EEE.jpeg C824344F-F8BC-4BF8-B804-1AA129025652.jpeg

Last edited:
I started with a Mini Grip CPM 154 (last month) and quickly latched on to a new full size one with M390 blade. I wasn't aware how deep this rabbit hole can get, but I found myself buying the Ritter in M390 two days ago and barely missed on the mini with a 20CV on sale. Was there a M390 mini grip made?
I like both but find the mini grip my go to during the week, the full size one is reserved for week-end carry.

That's kind of like me. I use my full size m4 blade Griptilian on weekends and my Bugout for work. Used to carry a mini Grip but like the Bugout better.
There certainly are a few to choose from. Since Cali has some restrictions on blade length and what not, the mini Grip does nicely for me, though I'm looking for a mini Grip in 20cv and a Valet in M390.

Today I'm taking the Phaeton, Bronze body with silver blade.
I'd probably own a couple of autos if they weren't a big no-no in Cali. We can legally own an auto with a blade under 3 inches......kinda like going to a gun fight with a baseball bat:confused:

One advantage to living in AL, is that I can carry a 42" OTF Automatic Katana if I choose to, LOL. I love OTF Autos and carry one 99% of the time.

This 907 D2 Mini Nitrous Stryker. It's one of the first production run examples of this now-discontinued model. I only recently pulled this out to use again and it's pretty nice, actually. The deployment action is still viciously solid and there's zero blade play in any direction. And, yes, I do use my knives as actual tools as you can see ;)

pwhka9Y.jpg

Back