Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by combatjiujitsu, Aug 6, 2015.

1. amngwlvs

amngwlvs

Jan 21, 2020
    Finally had to stop lurking an make an account when I saw this post...

I knew I had seen that watch on WUS, just needed to see who it was that posted it! Nice to see another WIS/Seiko fan that loves their Benchmades. Great looking EDC!

Knives&Lint likes this.
  2. Knives&Lint

Knives&Lint

May 10, 2013
    Many thanks my friend, glad I could help egg you along to join. Blades were my obsession before watches, and the hobbies take turns being on the front burner for me, but I really enjoy tying them together with knife/watch combos (or as my wife puts it "Even your watches have knives" :D). Welcome aboard brother!

3. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I've always loved the gray G10 Crooked River, and the discontinuation of that version finally made me pull the trigger. Classic hunting knife lines with the Axis lock? Yes, please! :D

[​IMG]

It joins my little BM family -- IMO some of the best models BM has ever made. :)

[​IMG]

4. amngwlvs

amngwlvs

Jan 21, 2020
    Thanks for the welcome man! Blades were one of my hobbies before watches as well, though the quest was really just to find the perfect EDC knife (before I knew that EDC was thing). I started with a Victorinox as many do, then after a couple folders I ended up on a 556 Mini Grip and loved it. I carried it for a few years and realized that it was pretty well perfect for what I wanted so I upgraded to a 558 Ritter Mini Grip with M390 and thought I was done.

I moved along to watches and got an SKX007 and a while later joined WUS. Talk about a bad influence... haha didn't take long before I added a Seiko MM200 (SPB077), a Squale 1521 and a G-Shock DW5600-MS to the collection. I'm trying to slow down on cheaper (<$1000) watches and wrap my head around Rolex pricing before I inevitably pull the trigger so for now I'm back on blades. I picked up a Bugout 535-GRY after Christmas and have been very happy with it even though it's a little larger in the hand an pocket than my Mini Grips. Just an excuse to pick up the Mini Bugout I think!

Now to start pairing them with watches... :p

Knives&Lint likes this.
  5. Knives&Lint

Knives&Lint

May 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

6. teddyashe

teddyashe Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2009
    [​IMG]

Swapped out the backspacer for the ano'd green Ti. Was just a hair thicker than the factory backspacer so I refitted the PB washers with some 0.5" diameter washers. Long story short, I made it mine and it's one of my favorite EDCs - carried alongside some much more expensive blades I feel too guilty to use.

7. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Got this custom shop in yesterday. It's flawless - thanks @Benchmade

550 Griptilian
    Forrest Green G10
    M4 Blade

M4Grip .jpeg

8. Larryz71

Larryz71

Jan 20, 2018
    Carrying the newest addition to my small but growing BM collection...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    Crooked River (modified)

[​IMG]

10. vinte77

vinte77 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Recently acquired oldie, cleaned her up, changed some hardware, and sharpened.
    2020-01-31_01-21-24.jpg

razorburn, Nbrackett and teddyashe like this.
  11. ScottK

ScottK Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 1999
    Mini Bugout just came in today. Impressive!
    IMG_1140_edited.jpg

paulhilborn, razorburn, BC42 and 7 others like this.
  12. amngwlvs

amngwlvs

Jan 21, 2020
    Damn that looks great! Hopefully someone will make some aftermarket/Ti scales for them soon. I'm really excited to see these in person.

13. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    I have my 810-1401 today. Love this knife. Have a crooked river on the way, hope it's real but if not I'll send it back. Couldn't pass it up for the price I offered, brand new but no box. Crossing my fingers!

14. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Love it! Is it a first production? I'm waiting until those run out as I don't really like that extra stamp on the blade.

Burrito kraut likes this.
  15. Steve Mizic

Steve Mizic Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 25, 2019
    20200207_065544-01.jpeg
    Christmas gift from my awesome wife.

16. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
  17. pcguy23

pcguy23 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

Mini Freek with new Awt Scales,
    been waiting for these

18. MobileFireLord

MobileFireLord

Sep 25, 2013
    940 M390 re-blade.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  19. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
  20. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    Vallation
    [​IMG]

paulhilborn, razorburn and Nbrackett like this.