Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

X6pMWOE.jpg

Finally had to stop lurking an make an account when I saw this post...

I knew I had seen that watch on WUS, just needed to see who it was that posted it! Nice to see another WIS/Seiko fan that loves their Benchmades. Great looking EDC!

Many thanks my friend, glad I could help egg you along to join. Blades were my obsession before watches, and the hobbies take turns being on the front burner for me, but I really enjoy tying them together with knife/watch combos (or as my wife puts it "Even your watches have knives" :D). Welcome aboard brother!

I've always loved the gray G10 Crooked River, and the discontinuation of that version finally made me pull the trigger. Classic hunting knife lines with the Axis lock? Yes, please! :D

4bXNjAw.jpg

It joins my little BM family -- IMO some of the best models BM has ever made. :)

hQQQO0j.jpg

Many thanks my friend, glad I could help egg you along to join. Blades were my obsession before watches, and the hobbies take turns being on the front burner for me, but I really enjoy tying them together with knife/watch combos (or as my wife puts it "Even your watches have knives" :D). Welcome aboard brother!

Thanks for the welcome man! Blades were one of my hobbies before watches as well, though the quest was really just to find the perfect EDC knife (before I knew that EDC was thing). I started with a Victorinox as many do, then after a couple folders I ended up on a 556 Mini Grip and loved it. I carried it for a few years and realized that it was pretty well perfect for what I wanted so I upgraded to a 558 Ritter Mini Grip with M390 and thought I was done.

I moved along to watches and got an SKX007 and a while later joined WUS. Talk about a bad influence... haha didn't take long before I added a Seiko MM200 (SPB077), a Squale 1521 and a G-Shock DW5600-MS to the collection. I'm trying to slow down on cheaper (<$1000) watches and wrap my head around Rolex pricing before I inevitably pull the trigger so for now I'm back on blades. I picked up a Bugout 535-GRY after Christmas and have been very happy with it even though it's a little larger in the hand an pocket than my Mini Grips. Just an excuse to pick up the Mini Bugout I think!

Now to start pairing them with watches... :p

I have my 810-1401 today. Love this knife. Have a crooked river on the way, hope it's real but if not I'll send it back. Couldn't pass it up for the price I offered, brand new but no box. Crossing my fingers!

Back