Which Knatchet ????

Just when I think I have settled on a design another one jumps into my head and I start second guessing myself !!!!
This latest one would likely perform better as a Hatchet and I can't really see why it would be any worse as a knife, what do you think ?

design027.jpg

And my original.....

design026.jpg

Last edited:
I like the original better. The top pic looks too much like a tanto style blade.

I like them both. I'd really like that top one with the front edge not completely sharp but tapered for digging and scrapping.

Cool drawings!

Just found these two knives which have a similar profile to my latest drawing eh....

2009BoloA.jpg

2009M3MedicA.jpg

I might try and do a compromise between my two drawings so it is similar to the original one but without so much curve to the edge !

You mean like this little toy?
sharpthings.jpg

I like this cutting/chopping combo:D

Attachments

• JK knives 121.jpg
    JK knives 121.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 18
Like the Original better. I thought of putting an edge on the spine to use as a knife. Just switch your grip around(and choke up a bit) and you have a knife.

The new one would be a great chopper and would serve really well for shelter and trap building.
It would be hard to use as a skinner though.
As with all tools, it depends on your purpose, needs and preference.
I really like them both.

The new design would give you the option of having two different edge bevels; one for chopping and the other for lighter work.

I prefered the look of my original so have tried to compromise a little on this one my final design ( I hope, LOL !).
Thanks for the input, now I just have to try and raise some funds, just looking what knives to sell and my Swamprat Bandicoot looks like it might have to go !

design028.jpg

Last edited:
I like the look of that one. I'd have to try it see how I feel about it....I'm kind of going both ways at the moment. The only thought I have is that if you were to baton it you would really chew up your battoning stick with those thumb notches. Not that big of a deal, just an observation.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I like the look of that one. I'd have to try it see how I feel about it....I'm kind of going both ways at the moment. The only thought I have is that if you were to baton it you would really chew up your battoning stick with those thumb notches. Not that big of a deal, just an observation.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I usually end up battoning the last inch or so of blade !:confused:

I prefered the look of my original so have tried to compromise a little on this one my final design ( I hope, LOL !).
Thanks for the input, now I just have to try and raise some funds, just looking what knives to sell and my Swamprat Bandicoot looks like it might have to go !

design028.jpg

I like that one. John does great work.:thumbup:

picture.php

Hey I came up with this design for the Swamprat site and someone made this photochop for me, do ya think there would be any advantage in having this thumb ramp/dip type thing on my Knatchet ?

148420Ratchetwithsheath-1copy.jpg

Back