Recommendation? Which One Of My EDC Knives Is Your Favorite?

Having never handled a CRK, I'd go for the ZT.
That said, the PM3 is a fantastic knife.

Depending of what you have to do with your EDC... but I would pick either the small Sebenza or the bugout

Para 3, for sure. Spyderco’s QC is top notch and the warranty department is excellent in my experience. Also, they are one of maybe three total companies I inherently trust to get the heat treatment dead on.

More specific to that model, I handled my friend’s PM3 and was impressed with how much cutting edge this more compact knife has. In fact, side-by-side to a PM2, there’s hardly a difference in functional blade length. It’s just a very handy, slice-y, utilitarian design.

Also, it’s very similar to a Manix2 in some important ways (can be opened and closed without touching the blade or putting your fingers in the path of the blade, leaf-shaped blade, full flat grind, actually useful choil) which I maintain is one of the finest designs for a cutting tool ever produced. If I didn’t have a S90V Manix already, I would probably get a PM3 in either 110V or Maxamet.

I mean, I still might. I need to do a side-by-side comparison someday and decide which I like better.

Small Sebenza hands down.

It is perfect size for edc and one sebenza can truly last a person multiple life times. Crk has excellent warranty/repair service where they can pretty much always get your knife as good as new.

The blade is slicy with a great tip on it. The steel while abit less impressive in terms of wear resistance compared to the 940’s s90v or the pm3’s s110v it is still an excellent all around steel.

Hi

If the Zero Tolerance ZT0566 CF is deassisted then the ZT, because I have the same one with custom carbon fiber scales and I deassisted sited it and love it.

otherwise the bugout

cheers
Matt

Hi

If the Zero Tolerance ZT0566 CF is deassisted then the ZT, because I have the same one with custom carbon fiber scales and I deassisted sited it and love it.

otherwise the bugout

cheers
Matt

My big gripe with the 566 is that they cheaped out and used a steel framelock. This knife could have been so much more with a titanium framelock.

I need your opinion. What knife in my collection do you think is the best? If you had to choose one knife to own for the rest of your life from these 5 options, which would it be? And please explain.

Benchmade 940-1 Carbon Fiber
Benchmade Bugout 535GRY-1
Zero Tolerance ZT0566 CF
Spyderco Para 3 Blurple
Chris Reeve Sebenza Small w/ Macassar Ebony Wood Inlay

Picture Link:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/8632/A5Bs5u.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/3226/tdQ9mb.jpg

The Spyderco so you can say "blurple" for the rest of your life.

I need your opinion. What knife in my collection do you think is the best? If you had to choose one knife to own for the rest of your life from these 5 options, which would it be? And please explain.

Benchmade Bugout 535GRY-1
Zero Tolerance ZT0566 CF
Spyderco Para 3 Blurple
Chris Reeve Sebenza Small w/ Macassar Ebony Wood Inlay

Picture Link:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/8632/A5Bs5u.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/3226/tdQ9mb.jpg
None for me.
The 940's weight to blade ratio is too off.
The Bugout is too light.
The ZT too overbuilt.
The Para3 is too purple.
The Sabenza is too small.

Why are you asking again?

The ZT 566 only because the Sebenza is a small ... otherwise it would be no contest Large Sebenza all day.

940-1.
One of the standards of EDC. Beautiful CF scales, great steel IMO, nice standoffs, lightweight, great blade to handle ratio and a joy to carry. Capable of nearly anything I need a folder for.

Well if I had to carry just one of those I would undoubtedly find my self at my grinder taking the blade thickness down.

Totally stock though it would have to be the
I have one and it is a super satisfying knife.
I love the carbon fiber handle, the blade length to handle ratio simply cannot be beat, the blade shape is super good for my use though the tip is too thick I would have to thin that down, the pivot action and lock is one of or possibly the very best that I own.

The CRK is tempting and I love, love ebony in the handle . . . but . . .
if I can only have one knife I have to have the action of the axis lock or other (compression lock) type dropper action. Also I think I would want the longer blade of the 940 over the Small Sebenza. Am I right that the 940 is significantly longer ?

Your Sebenza Small w/ Macassar Ebony Wood Inlay

I have a CGG small sebenza and love it. perfect size for everyday.

Back