Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Awesome.

How busy is the sale?
Did you have to show up super early to get a shot at anything good?
Is it one day only?

Tnx

This was my first seconds sale, and it was awesome. I got to see both the start and end of the sale, and it was pretty crazy both times I was there. It is just a one day sale.

It’s amazingly busy in the morning, with people camping out overnight (and a few crazy people camped for multiple days). We didn’t camp out, but got in line at 4:00am for the 8am opening. I was the 83rd person in line.

Got in reasonably quickly (they let 50 or 60 people in at a time and then trickle people in as others leave), was there for a little over and hour, and then headed back to my buddies house. Then about an hour before the sale ended I got the wild hair to go back.

There are some exclusives that they say only the first few people get, but when you look at my haul, I got good stuff both times (and I passed on a TON of stuff I wanted).

Here’s what I picked up the first part of the day:
- Mantra 2 (not a 2nd, an overrun and I paid more for it than anything else)
- Fluted titanium Native
- Damascus Delica
- BD1 Manix 2
- Friction folder

And the 2nd part of the day:
- Advocate
- Rex Pm2
- Delica V-toku2 / Sus410

So I think I did good both times. Hope that answered all your questions.

Last edited:
spyder.gif
Tools for this week; Stretch 2 VTOKU-2 & Para 3 CTS-XHP
spyder.gif

View attachment 1022739

Just out of curiosity, what did the Para 3 sell for?

Thanks for sharing. Great deal if you don't mind the discoloration of the blade.

If you’re talking about the square that’s lighter towards the middle in his blade, I’m pretty sure that’s just sticker residue. With most of the 2nds I picked up I couldn’t even determine the reason it was a second.

This was my first seconds sale, and it was awesome. I got to see both the start and end of the sale, and it was pretty crazy both times I was there. It is just a one day sale.

It’s amazingly busy in the morning, with people camping out overnight (and a few crazy people camped for multiple days). We didn’t camp out, but got in line at 4:00am for the 8am opening. I was the 83rd person in line.

Got in reasonably quickly (they let 50 or 60 people in at a time and then trickle people in as others leave), was there for a little over and hour, and then headed back to my buddies house. Then about an hour before the sale ended I got the wild hair to go back.

There are some exclusives that they say only the first few people get, but when you look at my haul, I got good stuff both times (and I passed on a TON of stuff I wanted).

Here’s what I picked up the first part of the day:
- Mantra 2 (not a 2nd, an overrun and I paid more for it than anything else)
- Fluted titanium Native
- Damascus Delica
- BD1 Manix 2
- Friction folder

And the 2nd part of the day:
- Advocate
- Rex Pm2
- Delica V-toku2 / Sus410

So I think I did good both times. Hope that answered all your questions.
Awesome man. Thanks.
If I can ask one more question.
How is it generally organized?
From watching the video it looks cafeteria style. Enter left, exit right kinda deal?
In each box, is it all the same model?
Or is it just a jumble?
That’s more like 3 questions.

Thanks

Awesome man. Thanks.
If I can ask one more question.
How is it generally organized?
From watching the video it looks cafeteria style. Enter left, exit right kinda deal?
In each box, is it all the same model?
Or is it just a jumble?
That’s more like 3 questions.

Thanks

No problem.

It’s not really organized as far as start here end there. You slide in where you can and it’s “easiest” to just follow the flow from there. But you can jump from spot to spot as you eye things and it’s all generally accepted. When you have a basket full of knives they have space for you to sort through what you have and send back what you don’t want, so it’s really a “grab what looks cool and sort it out later” situation.

No, each box isn’t the same, but some are. There were trays of all the same mode and there were trays with multiple models in them. I think they tried to have them organized at the start, but as people pick things up it gets jumbled. And they add inventory all day long, so that makes it more of a treasure hunt as well.

Sounds a little like the Kershaw (KAI) annual sale. Bins of stuff that just get all mixed up as people sort sort through them. Guessing Spydero event is smaller and little more civilized.

No problem.

It’s not really organized as far as start here end there. You slide in where you can and it’s “easiest” to just follow the flow from there. But you can jump from spot to spot as you eye things and it’s all generally accepted. When you have a basket full of knives they have space for you to sort through what you have and send back what you don’t want, so it’s really a “grab what looks cool and sort it out later” situation.

No, each box isn’t the same, but some are. There were trays of all the same mode and there were trays with multiple models in them. I think they tried to have them organized at the start, but as people pick things up it gets jumbled. And they add inventory all day long, so that makes it more of a treasure hunt as well.
Ahhh
Gotcha.
Sounds great. I love a good treasure hunt/flea market/garage sale. I’d be like a kid in a candy store.
Appreciate the info. I’ll put it my list of things to do. Looks like it’d be a good time.

If you’re talking about the square that’s lighter towards the middle in his blade, I’m pretty sure that’s just sticker residue. With most of the 2nds I picked up I couldn’t even determine the reason it was a second.

True, but the Spyderco logo looks like it was rubbed out as well. Maybe it was just the lighting or something.

Look at post #11332 compared to post #11340, there is something that is different between the two logos.

Back