Which would YOU choose?

Get the FRN Endura. I have one, and it DOES come with the VG-10 blade, (and the Boye dent). Also, with the FRN Endura, the pocket-clip is easily reversible to either side. If you want smaller than a 4 inch blade, the FRN Delica (3 inch blade) would be a good choice.

Glock, what exactly does FRN feel like? I kinda like how the SS looks on the handle, gives it a classy feel.

Anyone have any High-res pictures of FRN? How bout an expereience, bad or good?

FRN feels like high-quality plastic... 'cause that's what it is.

As for SS handles... they look classy new, but they have a nasty tendency to get real scratched up and then they don't look so classy anymore :(.

I didn't read through through the entire post, so please forgive me if this point has been mentioned, SO

The knife handle is made with LINEN MICARTA. From my past experience this feels very much like G10 in texture and does not slip nearly as well. Although if someone could confirm this, it would be nice because I'm not 100% it isn't smooth (sometimes they polish it, but the picture makes it look rough)

If it isn't smooth BUY IT!!!!!!!
That's what I would do.
I've owned both Spydercos and the SERE, and if I had to choose the only knife I would ever have, it would be the Shrike.
Having said that let me say the Spyderco probably won't be nearly as heavy, but with the AL Mar you'll get the feeling your knife is solid.

Walker

Originally posted by Walking Man
I didn't read through through the entire post, so please forgive me if this point has been mentioned, SO

The knife handle is made with LINEN MICARTA. From my past experience this feels very much like G10 in texture and does not slip nearly as well. Although if someone could confirm this, it would be nice because I'm not 100% it isn't smooth (sometimes they polish it, but the picture makes it look rough)

If it isn't smooth BUY IT!!!!!!!
That's what I would do.
I've owned both Spydercos and the SERE, and if I had to choose the only knife I would ever have, it would be the Shrike.
Having said that let me say the Spyderco probably won't be nearly as heavy, but with the AL Mar you'll get the feeling your knife is solid.

Walker

Good information! When I first recieved my CRKT Polowski/Kasper Companion Fixed blade, I had mixed emotions. I felt happy to recieve my first "real" knife and yet I HATED the way G-10 felt. The bead blasted finish didn't up my spirits either. Recently I have come to terms with it, and Im starting to be able to cope with G-10...Im not exactly sure how it would feel on a folder, so I can't really say.

Im leaning toward the Shrike now, mainly becuase I want something tough, solid, a little weighty ( I like to be able to feel my knives) adn something good looking which could be used as a conversation piece. The shrike's design is unique and looks comfortable...so I think I'll get my money ready. heh.

but in FRN. It's lighter and provides better grip than the SS. It's not as classy looking, but are you going to carry it and use it or are you going to just look at it? The clip is easily reversed (I'm a southpaw but some like to carry off-hand for weapon retention), I don't know how important that is to you. Another thing to think about, the Endura has a drone available if you're thinking about martial bladecraft. I trust lockbacks more than I trust linerlocks and I like a hole better than a stud, but that's pretty subjective. You might also see how a Griptilian or Vision fit your hand. Benchmade and SOG are both good companies, as well. But if you choose the Shrike you'll still be getting a good knife, I'm not knocking Al Mar. Pick the one that feels best in your hand. Good luck.

Frank

Back