Who Are You?

A retired 4 s ter - I mean forester. I worked in a variety of forest management jobs for the Ontario (Canada) Provincial government for 30 years until I retired a few years ago.

David

I'm a geologist on a drill rig, aka a "mudlogger". Boring as hell, but it pays for my knives. In the past I've been a professional archaeologist, done ranchwork and farming, made eyeglasses, was a baker, have done all sorts of construction (historic masonry, railroad, bridge, residential, electrical), was a secutiry guard...

Relative to this forum, I'm a "Knife Accumulator".

Also interested in historic restoration, computers (vintage and modern), dogs, photography, backpacking and hiking, motorcycling, films, and a bunch of other stuff.

-Bob

I was born to be a hick, but the stork dropped me down in suburban Maryland. I'm a wrestler (171-189), a D-tackle, a Boy Scout, manual laborer, and aspiring Marine grunt.

Late sixties US Navy Fire Control Technician (guns) aboard ammunition ship (USS Suribachi) later worked as Instrument Mechanic for Bethlehem Steel for 7 years - now work for large chemical company in Baltimore, MD doing same thing for past 22 years.

Have loving wife and "wild child" german shepherd.

Car nut, gun nut, knife nut, coin nut - guess I'm just plain nuts. :D

Love learning from fellow forumites everything there is to know about knives.

I'm a union electrician in Philly. Been at it 25 years. Just finished working on the Phillies new ball park. Season ticket holder with my 10 y/o son.(walking distance from house). Currently working on Phlia's new main US post office. Huge building. Wife & 3 boys 20 -15 -10 :yawn:

I've worked as a hamburger flipper, a salad girl, court clerk, cleaning lady, a CNA/HHA, a shot girl, a waitress (including a 2 week stint at Hooters...that got old real quick), a loan processor, a paralegal, a student, and now...an attorney. I do estate planning, medicaid, probate, guardianships, business entity formations, post-mortem estate tax matters, buy-sell agreements, etc... I chose my area because I wanted to work in an area that makes a positive difference. That was really important to me. My clients are usually people who are trying to take care of their families. Even when the case is sad, as in situations involving guardianships, I can at least be proud that I ensured that the ward is being taken care of by someone who loves them.

I'm 30 years old. I've been married to my husband for eight years. We have three white shepherds and whatever strays that end up on our property :eek: , I'm a Rotarian, my husband and I are renovating an 80 year old house, ie, the money pit, and someday I hope to have a child...

Depending on who you talk to, I'm either a cave-dwelling troll, or a cultured, refined flaneur (look it up). :p

Mellow Chaos said:
Depending on who you talk to, I'm either a cave-dwelling troll, or a cultured, refined flaneur (look it up). :p
Basically it means a lazy bugger. :)

I'm a ****en bum. :D

Last summer I worked at my father's company. I pulled staples full time 7:15-4:30 everyday for about two weeks, untill I was requested to do something else.

My brother and I would have a huge ball of staples at the end of the day, the size of your fist. Now my hands are perminantly disfigured from all the shock it took from the staple puller.

Doctor... doing residency now. Love surfing, fishing, boating, playing guitar, knives, guns and my girl. Recently moved from PR to NJ.

robertmegar said:
Doctor... doing residency now. Love surfing, fishing, boating, playing guitar, knives, guns and my girl.

What about horses and world peace? ;) :)

I am salesman marketer, power lifter (52 inch chest) and a College Grad.
Also a bit of an underground paralegal and I can "fix" most folks credit
reports. I have performed three or more invocations and can break a
shovel over my back. Any questions?

Recently, one of the moderators indicated that Sylvester Stallone was a member here on the forum.

C'mon Sly tell us a little about yourself (besides being an actor) - you're among friends. :)

I'm finishing my degree off this year (electrical engineering), and I'm applying for graduate jobs at the moment while studying for exams and playing with knives.

I like to keep active, I go to the gym, I started boxing this year (toying with the idea of fighting, but I don't know yet), and I've also started Brazilian Jiujitsu as well (no competing in that, I'm scared of getting things broken).

And I'm not single anymore so no propositions please ! :) haha

I'm a retired UK police officer, aged 49.

ScottreceivesLongServiceMedal4.jpg

Here I am receiving my Long Service, Good Conduct medal from the Lord Lieutenant of my county a few years ago.

I left school in August 1973, then took a couple of part-time jobs as a clerical officer in the Inland Revenue, a postman and as a labourer at a chemical factory.

I joined the police on 30th December 1974. I left the job in December last year after completing my 30 years' service.

I now - to reuse a Spike Milligan quote - "Live off my wits and my pension, both hopelessly inadequate."

I love reading, cycling and outdoor activities. I used to shoot target pistol at a high level (I competed in international competition for the UK police). Shortly before private ownership of handguns was effectively banned by the UK government, I had been selected to start training with the Scottish national target pistol team, with a view to shooting for Scotland.

I have a small but carefully chosen collection of production knives, mostly folders. This includes a Sebenza, a Manix, a BM 710 HSSR, an Al Mar SERE 2000, a Buck 110 and a Camillus Talonite EDC.

I'm married to the angelic Spiglet. We have no kids.

Within the next few months we plan to move to one of the last wild areas in Britain, where my outdoors kit will hopefully get more use.

maximus otter

The guy who asks "Do you want fries with that?" ...

...could be me - if my promotion comes through.

28 year old commercial fisherman, currently employed in the lobster fishery. I live in northeastern MA with my girlfriend and my brother. I have a degree in environmental studies from a small college in west central florida on the gulf, and my USCG 100 GT Master licence. I work part time for a whale watch and deep sea fishing company, as a captain and mate, and have worked in the commercial fishing industry since I was about 17, groundfishing, lobstering, shrimping, etc.

I've loved knives and accumulated, used, lost, broken, or retired a countless number, from the el cheapo hardware store knives, to higher end tactical folders, since I got my first one at 10, a victorinox tinker.

I am at home on the ocean, and enjoy a job where the knife is the most important day to day tool one can have.

I am currently seeking employment with the MA environmental police, and eventually would like to make a career in fisheries management.

I enjoy posts like these because it lets everyone get an idea of who these people are behind all of the information, advice, and humor on this forum.

Have a good one, and stay safe.
Peter

maximus otter said:
I now - to reuse a Spike Milligan quote - "Live off my wits and my pension, both hopelessly inadequate."

Unfortunately, that sounds frighteningly familiar :eek:

:D

David

Back