Who is the Chris Reeve of flippers?

Ron Sabbagh

LOVE YOUR COUNTRY
Platinum Member
I've been away from the knife world for a few years. I am a big fan of CRK knives but I do love me some flippers. I own several customs but interested in who you recommend for a production/semi production/midtech flipper on par with CRK quality and customer service.

Kershaw of course :D :D
I'm only partly kidding.
The last two flippers I bought were Kershaws and they were VERY satisfying fit and finish wise.
I suppose the hardness isn't 60 but then I'm not a fan of S35VN anyway.

Wowbagger has a point. For their price, Kershaw makes some very good knives. Not every single one, maybe, but they pay attention to HT.

The quality gap between CRK and "everybody else" is closing, and maybe Kershaw won't try to compete, but some of the companies that have already been mentioned, are getting close.

Now, they're not made here in the States like CRK, so if that's important, then Tim and company are still the way to go.

Care to explain?
Owned several crk and never been a fan. Over hyped. Even after selling many I decided to try one again, I picked up a small inkosi insingo and let it go quickly after I found the thumb relief to be silly small for even average thumbs. CRK are the dress watch of the knife industry, sure well made and can do the job but the ergonomics just aren't very good for more than just show.
I know a lot here love crk and they have that right, I just don't.
As for the OP I'd say ZT flippers are the equal in fit and finish to crk.

Tread carefully around the CRK loyalists, friend!

Over the Internet, it's hard to tell just how serious a person is being, when they say something. I have never owned a Reeve, but I respect them because if the reputation they have, here.

Owned several crk and never been a fan. Over hyped. Even after selling many I decided to try one again, I picked up a small inkosi insingo and let it go quickly after I found the thumb relief to be silly small for even average thumbs. CRK are the dress watch of the knife industry, sure well made and can do the job but the ergonomics just aren't very good for more than just show.
I know a lot here love crk and they have that right, I just don't.
As for the OP I'd say ZT flippers are the equal in fit and finish to crk.
I'm a big fan of ZT, but I don't think they have the same tolerances as CRK.

But your statement that no one makes a flipper that bad is false based on your explanation. They are not bad, the designs are just not your preference. You can't argue with the numerous awards that CRK has received over the years.

Back