Who loves their 3.5?

Tell me about how you use your 3.5 and what you love about it!

I really wanted a 4.1 2nd, but I waited too long and they were sold out. I went and ordered a 3.5 a little impulsively without having any previous desire to do so. "Buyer's remorse" is too strong of a term, because come on, it's a GSO, but I would like to hear from any happy 3.5 owners out there.

Because it's sharp as H*LL and cuts stuff as well as being skeletonized and light weight.

DSCN2668_zpsp5jsuuls.jpg

DSCN2660_zpsbrt93xeg.jpg

Haha, good reasoning.

I was surprised when I saw how open the tang actually is. I feel like I already know the answer, but does the knife feel pretty string despite the skeletonizing?

It feels really great in the hand, very nimble. I liked the first one I bought so much I ordered a second factory second version as well. And yes it feels very strong, no worries there!

Don't have one yet, but out of all the Survive lineup, The 3.5 is the one I am hanging out for the most. Its low profile, probably capable of processing a Whitetail. I have quite a few blades over 8 inches, but as I get older its the smaller blades that get my imagination going. I think you may be suprised what the 3.5 brings to the table ☺.

For me, it's a prefect size to gut and skin a deer. Then use a fillet knife (always have and always will) to debone the meat.

I have been impatiently waiting on my factory seconds since April 4th....I realize thats only a month, but I see everyone else getting theirs and it is driving me nuts.

I'm a HUGE fan of the 4.1 (and SK-4) but carry my 3.5 in my pocket every day.

It's light weight and small profile make it easy to justify and it'll do the majority of work the 4.1 and larger blades will do with some prior planning.

Don't regret it. :)

I'm going to pop off the slabs one of these days and give it a cord wrap to see how low profile I can really make it.

B

Don't regret it. :)

I'm going to pop off the slabs one of these days and give it a cord wrap to see how low profile I can really make it.

B

They really would make great skeletonized blades as well, one of the attractive features of the original design under the handle.

I'd tackle a deer or elk either one with the 3.5 with no worries. I've sure had to do it with blades much less capable than the 3.5 :D I think you're going to love it once you get a chance to use it Silver.

Absolutely love mine, enough blade to get the job done, small enough to be very nimble / agile, light enough that it doesn't weight the pants down.

Trying to sell mine, it's great stuff and nice handles but i have large hands :eek:
Very curious to see the 4.7

I love mine. I do tons of hiking, and the 3.5 is about as perfect as you can get for a compact and useful knife. I tend to carry it the side pocket of my Carhartt shorts. Slip the sheath in, and it's light enough that it doesn't bother me when walking. It's perfect for trailside food prep, cutting moleskin, whittling, or whatever else I may need to do. I have no doubt that it could become my "survival" knife if something goes wrong. I purposely chose the maroon scales, because along with its small size, it won't cause any alarm if I happen to be using it where other people might come by. I usually like to plop down in some shade (if I can find any!) and whittle, carve or practice some kind of primitive skill. It feels great in hand, and hasn't become uncomfortable in long use. Anyway, that's my ramble on this awesome little knife! Some shots in the wild might be appropriate.

I love mine. I do tons of hiking, and the 3.5 is about as perfect as you can get for a compact and useful knife. I tend to carry it the side pocket of my Carhartt shorts. Slip the sheath in, and it's light enough that it doesn't bother me when walking.

I had never been a big fan of dropping a fixed blade in my pocket before getting the 3.5. I wear Carhartt Ripstop pants most all the time, and the 3.5 drops in perfect in the right front pocket. No problem with it slipping out while sitting, and a small bit of handle exposed for easy access. I like the 3.5 a little more everyday. Nice pics of yours, tknife and Riz.

The 3.5 is my favorite! I just put it in my pocket and take it everywhere I go. Great little knife.

This really has become an inspiring thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. All who posted pics shall receive extra credit!

Back