Who loves their 3.5?

How do you know it'll be a few week? I ordered mine last night.... What's my projection ?

Check out page 4 of the "Time to your door" thread.

Ellie lays out a pretty informational time line. It sounds like they were surprised buy how many 3.5's were ordered and they're trying to get the 4.1's and 5's sharpened too.

I'd say plan on the 35 business days they project on the site and then be pleasantly surprised when it comes sooner. That's my strategy.

How do you know it'll be a few week? I ordered mine last night.... What's my projection ?

So if you ordered last night TrojanSteel, then you did a preorder I believe. I don't see any first or seconds of the 3.5 on the site now, except the preoder for the new runs. Those runs haven't been produced yet and I believe the 3.5 is toward the end of the new runs. From what I can tell it will be some months.

So if you ordered last night TrojanSteel, then you did a preorder I believe. I don't see any first or seconds of the 3.5 on the site now, except the preoder for the new runs. Those runs haven't been produced yet and I believe the 3.5 is toward the end of the new runs. From what I can tell it will be some months.

I need to check the site more often. Hard Knocks is totally right, thanks for catching this.

Sorry for the false hope, TrojanSteel. I spoke too soon.

So if you ordered last night TrojanSteel, then you did a preorder I believe. I don't see any first or seconds of the 3.5 on the site now, except the preoder for the new runs. Those runs haven't been produced yet and I believe the 3.5 is toward the end of the new runs. From what I can tell it will be some months.[/]

You guys are on top of this, thanks for the info.

Got mine a week ago, been pulling kitchen duty admirably, the knife is nice and slicey.
Had it on me today for a bush walk. Too many people (really odd for this particular trail) to take more pics, but I got one

For what it's worth, I use mine in my EDC pack and in my car. It's a great little knife but I find when I need a small knife I reach for my 4.1 or necker 2.

Digging back in the archives and found this. This has been one I have been eyeballing since I got my necker II and this thread helped seal the deal of a must have for me. I hope to eventually get one. ;) till then maybe I could live vicariously through you guys and some more pictures of these babies hard at work.

Here's a couple of pics, what a great little blade

That is right up my alley! Trout and a S!K. Nice Rats you got there too. M9 and a chopweiler? Either one of those combined with a 3.5 is a serious do all set up.

Next time take pics and put them in the Trophy Room thread.

That is right up my alley! Trout and a S!K. Nice Rats you got there too. M9 and a chopweiler? Either one of those combined with a 3.5 is a serious do all set up.

Close. M9 and the LE Ratweiler. Haven't been able to land a chopweiler, but the M9 bites so deep I'm not feeling the urge to buy one so much any more. The 3.5 fit really nice with them for the small tasks around camp.

Used mine this year to field clean and skin a whitetail deer. Worked great!!!

I've been thinking that with a slight swedge to help with the initial entry the 3.5 would be pretty good at this. The drop point should zip the legs open well. I'm going to have to give it a chance.

The Esee 3 I have has a very thin full flat grind which makes it a real breeze when it comes to delicate slicing work. I like it but the 1095 steel is kind of a little troublesome to maintain. Do you guys ever wished for a slimmer full flat grind on the 3.5? I believe a knife of this size with the FFG would benefit a lot for food prep and finer carving works. Been wanting to get a 3.5 with 20CV blade but I couldn't get over the grind. I am not saying that the saber grind is no good but it could have been better.

I have thought about the 2.7 in FFG. The 3.5 is a good mix of small enough to be delicate, but stout enough to do some bigger tasks, so I'm not sure I would want the 3.5 FFG unless it was a dedicated field-dressing blade. But, that is strictly my opinion. If I really wanted it full-flat ground, I'd send it off, or grind it myself. I've done that with plenty of barkies and was pleased with the result.

I think I would have to agree with HK but at the same time I don't have one to say its too thick or not. Hadn't got to use it for 'my' task so I can't say yay or nay. I would have liked to see a higher saber grind on the 4.5 but I'm in the same boat as before in how do I complain if I hadn't even used one yet.

My expectations have all been surpassed by Guy and his designs. So I give him the benefit of knowing what he's doing. He's done a fantastic job so far no reason to question him now.

I thought about FFG on the 2.7 too but I was thinking more along a second offering of the 3.5 with FFG for people who would prefer the slightly longer blade and better gripping surface than the 2.7 could provide. It's just a thought, not that I want to complicate Guy's already super busy schedule by coming up with new demands.

Back