Who loves their 3.5?

The deer was an average Arkansas 8 point. Great animal to harvest and certainly got the heart rate going but nothing to brag about. I was by myself, so only 1 pic was taken. At the house cleaning up, took the handles off and did a very good scrubbing with dish soap on them. They have a slight red-ish tint now. Also soaked them in mineral oil in hopes to prevent any more tinting. Tried taking a pic but the phone camera isn't showing it. They're the canvas camo but i'm sure it's just the nature of the canvas material. I put a 34* inclusive angle on the blade and it just flat out worked. Perfect size blade and handles for my hands and use. And with the ability to take the handles off for cleaning, the knife is 100% clean and sanitary.

IMG_20151114_092819450_zpszlthi6ur.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can you put that oic in the trophy room thread!?

Nice buck!

Well I just ordered a 3.5 as a Christmas gift from my wife.

Nice. When I order my 4.5 I think silver has convinced me to get red linen with a coyote sheath. Of course that depends how much I like the fde. :D

Nice. When I order my 4.5 I think silver has convinced me to get red linen with a coyote sheath. Of course that depends how much I like the fde. :D

Nice! That would look really good! I think when the red linen gets Dry it looks a little russet-potatoey to me, but I'm still really happy with it. Red + fde would look great as well.

I think red linen would go better with FDE sheath. Coyote's darker tone will not compliment as well.

I think red linen would go better with FDE sheath. Coyote's darker tone will not compliment as well.

If you haven't take a look on the website, coyote is the tan color. I think red looks good with just about anything, so what do I know :p

If you haven't take a look on the website, coyote is the tan color. I think red looks good with just about anything, so what do I know :p

Yes it is. And I think the darker tan color will be nice but not as nice as the lighter tone FDE will be with the red. It makes the red stand out more, but that's just my opinion. Sometimes I got weird tastes. :p :D

Last edited:
Yes it is. And I think the darker tan color will be nice but not as nice as the lighten tone FDE will be with the red. It makes the red stand out more, but that's just my opinion. Sometimes I got weird tastes. :p :D

I think Standard posted a pic of a red handle with FDE sheath. Looked good to me!

I love em both. I'm gonna choose when I get my starters so I can eyeball the fde. But I think I'll end up with coyote just cause I don't have it yet.

It's definitely a hard choice because they both look good. The coyote looks a bit darker in this photo so it'll probably go well with red linen or burgundy if they still have that color. I wish there was a denim blue scale material available.

I never thought I will like the red linen but all these photos have started growing on me. Might just pick up the 3.5 with red linen.

Red? You may as well have pink!!

There is only one color to rule them all...

Back