Who still carries a Case Knife?

I carry many different flavors of traditional knives, mostly a mix between Case and GEC and tend to change it up on a daily basis. Nothing wrong at all with a Case knife in my opinion, great craftsmanship and quality especially for the money.

I don't own hundreds of knives but I own quite a few and there are more Case knives in my accumulation than any other brand. I'm fond of the Stockman pattern and I have various sizes of several brands but more Case Stockman knives than any other. Up until this summer, I alternated carrying a yellow delrin Case and a smooth yellow bone Moore Maker of the same size, both carbon steel. When I started seeing rust forming on the blades of those knives due to my profuse and corrosive sweating in the heat and humidity, I started carrying one of several stainless knives. All those are Case models save one Buck 303. So, yeah, I still carry a Case knife more often than not.

On most days, I also carry a modern folder clipped in a pocket along with my traditional model (Oddly enough, the modern I've been using the most during this sweaty summer is a Spyderco Gayle Bradley folder that has a carbon steel blade, yet no rust thus far). The larger the modern folder, the smaller the traditional so I also have a rotation of moderns as well. I admire those folks who carry one single knife constantly but there are so many knives I really enjoy carrying and using, I'm not able to force that limitation on myself. I like too many designs, patterns and brands of knives to settle on one single EDC.

I carry several on a regular basis, a large Sodbuster in black phenolic, a Swayback Jack in jigged Chestnut Bone, a TB single blade Sowbelly in Winterbottom Bone, a yeller handled Stockman and Slimline Trapper just to name a few.

I don't have many case knives. I always thought they were over-priced and over-praised compared to my old favorite camillus, and people seem to think they're worth more used than I do. I have a mini-copperhead I think, and a smallish stockman, and an equal-end pen vest-pocket knife.

Oh, duh! I carry a sodbuster JR a lot.
The mini copperhead not much and the stockman some.
VLlyKlN7

There, I think that's all of them.

Last edited:
I don't have many case knives. I always thought they were over-priced and over-praised compared to my old favorite camillus, and people seem to think they're worth more used than I do. I have a mini-copperlock, I think, and a smallish stockman, and an equal-end pen vest-pocket knife.

The two newest case knives I have were TB Case knives made within the last 7-10 years and were given to me, all the rest were older yard sale flea market finds for under $10 and most were 25-35 years old. The secondary market on gently used Case knives is out there, you just have to look.

The two newest case knives I have were TB Case knives made within the last 7-10 years and were given to me, all the rest were older yard sale flea market finds for under $10 and most were 25-35 years old. The secondary market on gently used Case knives is out there, you just have to look.
I didn't mean to disparage Case knives, by the way.
Interesting, though, because that manicure knife is the only one I've found at an estate or garage sale. I saw one at a flea market many years ago, with a spring so broken the main blade twirled, and it was still $30 because it was a Case and therefore valuable. The used knives I see around here are Imperial, Kutmaster, and Camillus, in that order. And the occasional Colonial.
I realize I'm cheaper than most people, but I rarely see a used Case at all. I'll keep my eyes peeled, though.

Lately, both a 6375 CV in Amber Bone and a 2137 SS Sod Buster have been in my 'NEDC' (that'd be 'Nearly Every Day Carry' ;) ) rotation.

David

Hey SP, if you don't think used Case knives should sell for much, I'd be happy to take that equal-end pen knife off your hands for you at the low price you think it should be worth. ;)

I like my Case knives quite a bit, but I am also a bargain hunter. I love finding used ones for sale here on BF or on the auction sites that don't come with the box, or the seller sucks with a camera, or it has some cosmetic issues (which I can fix) but is otherwise functionally sound. All those things knock the resale price down but don't in any way impact my enjoyment of the knife.

I have a CV bone-handled small trapper that I still carry regularly. Great knife. It's in the regular rotation with my GEC radio knife.

Have a few Case stockman and trapper knives with stainless blades that mostly sit in the drawer.

Hey SP, if you don't think used Case knives should sell for much, I'd be happy to take that equal-end pen knife off your hands for you at the low price you think it should be worth. ;)

I like my Case knives quite a bit, but I am also a bargain hunter. I love finding used ones for sale here on BF or on the auction sites that don't come with the box, or the seller sucks with a camera, or it has some cosmetic issues (which I can fix) but is otherwise functionally sound. All those things knock the resale price down but don't in any way impact my enjoyment of the knife.
:thumbup:

I currently have a few that get some regular carry, including a new teardrop, a couple of Wharncliffe trappers, and a sowbelly.

TBteardropmark_zpsa995c68d.jpg~original

PrWTs_zps2565ea14.jpg~original

SowbellySS.jpg~original

Russlocks are my go-to when I've spent more than 5 minutes trying to decide what to grab for the day. Of course, the decision's only half made at that point...

That Amber Bone Teardrop's sharp looking. The capped models weren't doing it for me but it looks great as a barehead.

Russlocks_small_zps22a153d6.jpg

Funny that this post popped up. I was feeling patriotic today and decided to carry some red, white and blue, made in America beautifulness......
uploadfromtaptalk1404412611101.jpg

There are a few times a month that I will have a Case Swayback Jack or a Gent with me as I used to Collect them.!
But then again I carry all my Traditional Knives in a Leather Pouch so that they stay like new. Then I went to the GEC's Knives and of course Northwoods and ect. But it is nice to have a small Knife in your pocket every once in awhile.**

I will switch my EDC up with my Case Lannys Clip or sway back jack, or if I'm going somewhere nice, I'll carry one of my peanuts. Other than that, I'll carry my Tribal Spear every day. Most days it is sitting in my back pocket.

Whenever I put on a suit and tie I carry my Mini Copperlock in MOP. That is my suit and tie knife for sure. Works perfectly and is there in case I need to cut off my tie.

Back