Who still carries a Case Knife?

Russlocks are my go-to when I've spent more than 5 minutes trying to decide what to grab for the day. Of course, the decision's only half made at that point...

That Amber Bone Teardrop's sharp looking. The capped models weren't doing it for me but it looks great as a barehead.

Russlocks_small_zps22a153d6.jpg

I have one Russ Lock yellow handled CV bladed version that I really like and also carry often. :)

I have a Case Wharncliffe mini trapper, a yellow Sodbuster Jr in CV and a black Soddie in stainless that see regular carry though not everyday. They are for those days and places when I suspect that a non knife person may ask to borrow my knife. I treasure my very few GECs too much to watch someone else abuse or drop them :)

I won't lend them. If the borrower could be trusted with a knife, he'd have one and he wouldn't need to borrow mine. I'll offer to do the cutting for the would-be borrower.

Included in my rotation of EDC knives are a Case 6207 (the older version - a Trapper Jack), a Case 6318 Medium Stockman, and a Case 6225-1/2 mini-swell center (in my pocket now). These share pocket time with a Schrade 34OT, a Buck 303, an Uncle Henry 834UH, and various 4" Stockman knives. OH

My favorite knife is a Case Medium Stockman. Good little knife when I'm wearing a suit, great to twiddle with when my ADHD kicks in, and mostly because my daughter gave it to me. Also have a couple Case Barlows I'm fond of. I've never owned a bad Case I don't think.

I've never been impressed with the steels Case uses, so they aren't my choice for general use. For rough work though, I have a 6-dot sodbuster that I think very highly of, and carry almost-every-day. It won't hold an edge as long as some other knives, but it won't chip when I hit a wire while cutting brush out of fences, etc.

I have been carrying Case knives for 35 + years. my Fave is the either the Copperhead or the Saddlehorn. both in SS

I carry a yeller sod Jr .cv every day. My secondary knife is a rotation betwin a Camillus m99 and well what ever winds up in my pocket

I usually have a GEC on me but I still pair it with one of these in my regular rotation:

Peanut
Sway Back
Tear Drop
Medium Stockman
Large Stockman
Crandall Barlow
Sod Buster

I'd say each of these is a "favorite" pattern.

My favorite knife to give away is the yellow cv sodbusters jr.
But I don't carry a case.

I have a few Case knives. My two favorite patterns are the Peanut and the Large Stockman (the anti-peanut), but I've been toting my Muskrat and Peanut lately.... though I'm a fan of the sod buster.... and the medium stockman.... and the barlow.... and on and on.

My main criteria is that it's CV steel and not some easter egg bone covers.

I have a few Case knives. Here's the one that I carry most often...

100_3210.jpg

It's true that GEC, Böker and Queen feature more regularly in my 'array' but on the other hand CASE provides two staples at least: my permanent office-knife is a CASE yellow delrin Pen-Knife. Very handy, unmenacing and actually gets compliments-also horror of horror it's there in case I forget to carry one with me. As a keen gardener I use a CASE Mini Copperlock with fat stag and it's just what I need: sharp, pointy, locks, not heavy, good grip. These are unsung heroes, but knife heroes nevertheless. Enjoy the Ind Day hols you Americans!

Thanks, Will

This is the Case I carry daily, here pictured with my GEC #66 Jack. I used to cary a Pemberton, but this little Chestnut 'nut booted it from the rotation (don't pity the Pemberton though....it sits everyday in the pen tray on my desk at home) I have been carrying the peanut everyday for the last six months. I do have a yellow nut also in CV, but it is there only as a back up (for now).

IMG_1288_zpsd98af7e7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Peter

I do rotate knives. I rotate through 8 Case Stockman, both medium and large although I always have a SAK with me too.

I like and carry many Case knives. They've been by favorite traditionals since I got my first one(Barlow) in grade school(late 60's).

I always have a modern in my right pocket, and always have a smaller traditional in my left.
The two I have been carring the most lately are my Yellow/CV Mini Copperlock, and a Yellow/CV Pen knife.

The Yellow/CV Pen knife is one of their most over looked knives IMO. I like my Peanuts too, but prefer the single spring Pen knife over the Peanut.

I usually have a peanut in my watch pocket. Been keeping my eyes open for a Case Barlow, teardrop and swayback.

Dave

Back