Who The Heck Are Ya?

Your a short timer. I been here since early 1999.:p:p HEHEHEHEHE!!!
My name is Indian George and I am a Knifeaholic.:D

Yes and you have over 4000 more posts too. You sure flap your beak allot. :D
Hey IG, Im almost ready to do a Indian in a can billet.

Stefan, I move around a LOT since I'm active duty Army (Infantry).
I have two children, a wife (still amazingly enough she is still sticking with me), enjoy firearms, tracers in the moonlight, long walks in middle eastern sand, and loud explosions.

Actualy I do have two children, I am married, I enjoy motorcycles (I ride dirt and street, I did road racing with WERA and CCS), I also enjoy firearms, my 74Bronco (when the Army will give me some time to fix it), being a dad when I get to be home among other things. I am away a LOT!

Baghdad is an interesting place BTW!

Im 22 just put together my first forge. Ive got some 5160 leaf springs and ready to make some knives! Been lurking here for a few weeks learning a lot from the experienced bladesmiths. Cant wait to learn some more. Any bladesmiths here in the Denver area?

Yes and you have over 4000 more posts too. You sure flap your beak allot. :D
Hey IG, Im almost ready to do a Indian in a can billet.
I got a Big Beak to flap, so what are you trying to say????:confused:;):D
Damn, the chain hasn't rusted away????? HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!

Hi, Mike Adams here. I have been on this site for a while now. Have not posted much at all but but I'm on here daily and have learned a great deal from it. I'm from Johnson City, Tennessee. I do mostly stock removal with a little forging. Hope everyon has a great day.

I have resisted this thread...I don't like to post personal details on public forums for security/identity theft/harassment reasons, but I'll suck it up and take the plunge here. :D

My name is Clayton Harl (guess where the CDH handle comes from...not very original but it works and I use it on several forums). I got started grinding out my first knife about 5 years ago as stress relief as I cared for a bedridden wife enduring a rough pregnancy. The knife sucked but the wife and little girl came through in great shape! I kept at it because I wanted a nice custom knife and would never pay the kind of money you guys get for one. Man o man paying up front would have been much cheaper! I quit for a few years as the kids went through the really stressful first years and restarted making (or attempting to make) blades recently.

Right now I am slowly building up tools and trying to make a few blades to sell. One day I might actually have this hobby to 50% self funding. :D Might be a while though at this rate...<laugh>

I am an electrical engineer with 11 years working with controls, power, and instrumentation, mostly in the oilfield equipment field.

I have resisted this thread...I don't like to post personal details on public forums for security/identity theft/harassment reasons, but I'll suck it up and take the plunge here. :D

My name is Clayton Harl (guess where the CDH handle comes from...not very original but it works and I use it on several forums). I got started grinding out my first knife about 5 years ago as stress relief as I cared for a bedridden wife enduring a rough pregnancy. The knife sucked but the wife and little girl came through in great shape! I kept at it because I wanted a nice custom knife and would never pay the kind of money you guys get for one. Man o man paying up front would have been much cheaper! I quit for a few years as the kids went through the really stressful first years and restarted making (or attempting to make) blades recently.

Right now I am slowly building up tools and trying to make a few blades to sell. One day I might actually have this hobby to 50% self funding. :D Might be a while though at this rate...<laugh>

I am an electrical engineer with 11 years working with controls, power, and instrumentation, mostly in the oilfield equipment field.
Now that didn't hurt so bad??? Don't you fell better now???? HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Nice to met Ya CDH.:D

Hi, Tobin Smith here in Grenada, MS. I've been playing around with knife making for a couple of years pretty aimlessly. I've learned a ton from all the guys on this forum since I started lurking! This is the best resource I've found to date. I have been doing stock removal, mostly with O1, and I'm trying to upgrade my equipment now...

Nice to meet ya'll

Hi, Tobin Smith here in Grenada, MS. I've been playing around with knife making for a couple of years pretty aimlessly. I've learned a ton from all the guys on this forum since I started lurking! This is the best resource I've found to date. I have been doing stock removal, mostly with O1, and I'm trying to upgrade my equipment now...

Nice to meet ya'll

Good to meet you too. Now that youve made the first post they will get easier. Good to have you onboard.

Paul Smith from Union Kentucky. I have been fooling around with knives for close to a year. Been doing stock removal to this point, but I am itching to get into forging. I just obtained/ordered materials to build my 1st forge. I have the forge body done and I am waiting on my refractory materials to complete the project. This forum and the people who frequent is unbelievable. Such a wealth of information and kind people who share it.

I am Matt Wheaton form Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, near Talequah. I am 30 years old, Married, and have a four year old daughter who is my constant shop apprentice. I build cowboy spurs, refurbish and build knives, and whatever else I need to do to fuel my ADD. On the side I am a soil scientist for a small engineering firm here in town. I have been here awhile. I am still waiting for a question to pop into my head that has not been answered here before. Ahah I just had an epiphany. Now I am off to Post a new question.

Hello I am Daniel CL some of you might know me from Britishblades.com where my profile name is DCL. I am Danish so my English Is NOT the best :/ :D but hope you can understand me, if not just ask. well a few years a go i tried to do some blacksmithing and it really got me and have not been able to stop forging since :) i do forge knifes but also anything els i can it is yet only a hobby as i don't have must time course I'm starting in the Danish Army the 1st. of April the last year or so i have been working as a carpenter and i do also enjoy working with wood some might say i kinda love wood :p :D i have also worked allot on cars and building machines and such stuff with my father and i got a thing for old tools. ehm i share a workshop with my father and we got a few things and beside woodwork and forging i also do a lot of custom polishing jobs. yeah i am 19 years old what els to say.. well i am looking forward to learn some stuff you you lot and also share what i know will not have a lot of posting time ones in the army tho i do also work out and run a lot to keep my self fit..

here is my Photobucket profile there are a few albums with some of my work and workshop and some woodwork... Dclaville

Regard Daniel CL.

I like this thread It gives me a little more idea who I am talking to.
I am Larry Hensley Walla Walla, WA. I got into knife making when I went to a father son Knife demo by Bruce Bump. I asked Bruce if he would teach me how to make a Bowie for my Father he agreed and I have been Bothering him to teach me more ever since.
( I cant begin to tell ya how Lucky I feel to be apprenticing under Bruce.)
I am currently trying to get tools and equipment together to build at home and keep practiceing. I have finished 4 Knives so far and since getting my Sears 2 X 42 I have 8 in the works. I hope to sell a few to purchase a KMG someday.

Back