Who will dethrone Ronda Rousey???

Even though I have started to dislike her as a person, I realize her fighting skills are world-class. So, I am curious, how long will it last? What are your predictions? Will she retire undefeated and switch to other endeavors? Will she be beaten?

Cat Zingano? Alexis Davis? Cris Cyborg? Bethe Correia? Jorina Baars? Sara McMann? Some girl training in Brasil or Russia?

Liz Carmouche came pretty close, so it's so tempting to contemplate her defeat in the Octagon.

Your predictions, guesses, crystal ball readings? :D:D

Thanks!

I think Chris Justino "Cyborg" could beat her. She is a powerful striker and Rhonda has been hit, just not by anyone that could put her down. But (1) can she make weight (2) will the UFC go out of its way to sign her when she could beat their golden girl and (3) can she get back up after Rhonda throws her or does she get arm barred like everybody else.

Cat Zingano is interesting. Big, athletic but I don't know that she has the skills to deal with Rousey. Tate was beating for 2 and a half rounds until she kneed her into Bolivia. Also, she is coming off the knee injury and death of her husband.

I hope that Ronda will go undefeated, but think this is unlikely.
As has been stated, she has taken punches, but not by any world-class striker.
If any woman has the skills to take her out, my bets on Cyborg.(I still think Rousey will make Cyborg's elbow a two-way hinge!)

It'll take a striker to KO Rousey, because nobody's on her level as far as grappling. Yeah, Cyborg could do it, and she has the grappling skill and power to hold off Ronda's, but I have extreme doubts she'll ever be in the UFC unless they add a 145lb division. Holly Holm would definitely outstrike Rousey, but she's too new to the MMA game right now, and would get taken down and armbarred in a flash.

I think Rousey definitely uses fear and intimidation in her arsenal.

24 seconds in.

[video=youtube;VZoTnpK8WPY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZoTnpK8WPY[/video]

I wonder if someone will be able to clip her early on, and take things from there:

[video=youtube;U537uIY6i8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U537uIY6i8c[/video]

I wonder if Gabrielle Garcia, 8 times absolute world champion in BJJ could pull it off? :D

(on the right)

Luanna-e-Gabi-treinam-em-NY-para-o-ADCC_1.jpg

No depth in the womens game just yet, but there will be evenually.
It was the same way with men in th early days of MMA. You could be great at one thing, and not very good in many other areas and still win, but no more. Same will happen in the womens game. RR has a huge head start though, but I think someone will beat her in the next two/three years(or sooner if she gets caught). When some of these younger girls growing up(from a young age) training MMA in every area hits the scene they'll make the womens division much better. I also dont think Dana wants anyone in the UFC(right now anyway)that may beat his golden girl cash ticket.

Kayla Harrison could crush RR right now if they fought, but that wouldn't really be a fair fight since Kayla is much larger, stronger, and better at Judo. She is a beast. She's the ONLY US women to ever win Gold in Judo(2012), and she threw her opponents around like rag dolls. It was something to watch.
She's now training MMA also, but said she will be going for another Gold in 2016 first. She will only be 26 then, and I hope the UFC has a larger weight division for her by the end of 2016.

The real question is who is going to beat John Jones. He is a freak !
The better the fighter, the better he looks. Loaded division(unlike RR's), so what he is doing is truely amazing whether you like him or not. He leaves himself open often, and can take a punch as well as anyone I've seen, but I do think someone will catch him sooner or later.

I don't get the weight classes, and that's one of the things I liked about early UFC the best. Weight loss and "making weight" are a risky business, especially if the expectations are unrealistic. If it were up to me, I would broaden the classes or completely get rid of them. If the two fighters want to fight, what's the big deal? They are both adults. The fact that they agreed to it makes it a fair fight. Otherwise, one could also argue that an older opponent or a shorter opponent is at a disadvantage as well. And since weight classes are most likely here to stay, I don't get why the UFC is reluctant or slow to add more divisions for the women. That would bring more fighters, more fights, more exposure, more advertising dollars, more pay-per-view events.

Will Dana White ever feel pressure to add someone who can legitimately beat Rousey? Do fans have any direct say in what they want to see, or does UFC use some indirect measure to guess?

Everyone posting is clearly an MMA fan. So the answer is really easy. "ol father time, on a fools night ". It will happen with someone only a handful know and no one expects. Just look at UFC/Pride history, remember who beat all the greats ? Mostly someone raw and powerful. I recall every UFC fight from day one, and there have been many RR's, Gracie, Severen, Hughes, Penn, lydell, crocop.. (and yes i know my spelling sucks, sorry) they all fought more fights than RR without getting beat. Once a fighter gets really hurt or KOed each KO after that gets easier and more dangerous. The brain will actually shut down faster to protect it's self from damage. So one night, a special night, a good fighter enters the ring and destroies RR, and before that fight RR had been busy promoting her movie, her new sport drink, or like Hughes opening a new gym. Perfect night, for someone, who fights an unfocused fool. It always happens.

Ken44, I can tell you like the fight game and carry lots of knowledge and good points, you must not be as "old" as i figured in other forum areas, the UFC is a young mans sport, and it's clear you follow. Great info., as for JBJ it will be the same story. I've promoted sales advertising with Zufa and Nascar , who are still trying to get together, though we had it going after the events at Daytona last year, but talk about master fighters, egos, and golden boys, put Dana in with France Jr. , no give. What I know for sure, no fighter plans to loose, no scam involved. Dana would put, JBJ and RR together just to see one lose ! The follow-up fights draw 3xs the would audiance. Zufa will never release fight numbers, not even to Ad groups, but bet your life, once JBJ or RR lose, the rev. triples. Zufa's are all about money. That is why sometimes silly fights get held, Brock prefect example of that. I wish it would return to days of old, in only one regard. Create a super heavyweight class, 265 is b/s if you really want to see the bad boys. Nothing says "watch out" like 375 vs 450. Please wash those mats.

So it's possible that RR loses her "hunger", like the classic fictional Rocky in Rocky III? :D:D

I also noticed she gets boooed a lot. She says that doesn't bother her, but I have to wonder if that is true and if her psychological resistance has limits.

after watching her Train wreck every week on her coaching show vs. Tate, no way she is stable. She is a nut job, no doubt. It felt ackward even watching her.

So it's possible that RR loses her "hunger", like the classic fictional Rocky in Rocky III? :D:D

I also noticed she gets boooed a lot. She says that doesn't bother her, but I have to wonder if that is true and if her psychological resistance has limits.

It'll take a striker to KO Rousey, because nobody's on her level as far as grappling. Yeah, Cyborg could do it, and she has the grappling skill and power to hold off Ronda's, but I have extreme doubts she'll ever be in the UFC unless they add a 145lb division. Holly Holm would definitely outstrike Rousey, but she's too new to the MMA game right now, and would get taken down and armbarred in a flash.

I can't wait to see what happens. :D:D

The delusional Edmond Tarverdyan. Ronda's mom is totally correct in assessment of Edmund.

POST FIGHT:

Edmond's so awesome, telling Rousey she did great in the first round.....LMFAO. Maybe Rousey will now go win all those boxing titles like Tarverdyan said she's going to do.....ROFL

Last edited:
Holly Holm would definitely outstrike Rousey, but she's too new to the MMA game right now, and would get taken down and armbarred in a flash.

No, Holly will kick her in the head & knock her out.

1234,,,,:D

[video=youtube;6-8yN_HUU9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-8yN_HUU9Y[/video]

Back