Who will dethrone Ronda Rousey???

Instead of those women starving themselves, I wish they would open up a 145 or 155 category and bring a certain fighter from Brasil.

At age 34, Holm - like all athletes - has already begun her physical decline. While she is not quite ready for the nursing home, she also does not have a lot of time to spare for taking on other chick challengers or a possible rematch with whatshername. I'd like to see Holm have a couple of fights with top contenders, and then retire without ever giving whatshername a rematch. But with all of the money flying around, that's probably not going to happen.

It's not going to happen. Word is so far that, after she takes some time off, Rouseys first fight back will likely be a rematch with Holm. It likely isn't going to be a boxing match this go 'round and holm will then have to prove that shes as good on the mat as she is standing.

Personally, I hope Rowdy mops the floor with her.

It's not going to happen. Word is so far that, after she takes some time off, Rouseys first fight back will likely be a rematch with Holm. It likely isn't going to be a boxing match this go 'round and holm will then have to prove that shes as good on the mat as she is standing.

Personally, I hope Rowdy mops the floor with her.
The first thing Ronda will have to do is figure out how to get Holly on the mat and keep her there. She didn't have too much success doing that the last time.

One thing that seemed obvious to me is that Holly isn't just a better boxer than Ronda is, she's physically a whole lot stronger than Ronda is. How that will play out in the rematch will depend on whether Ronda can approach Holly's strength and keep her head off the centerline so Holly doesn't pick her apart again. In other words, it's going to be a whole lot more important for Ronda to pick up boxing skills than it will be for Holly to develop mat skills . . . at least that's my read on it.

Regardless of how this plays out, however, Ronda has already left an indelible mark on women's MMA . . . one that will be remembered for a long, long time to come. I truly believe the sport would not be where it is today without her. And I for one wish her nothing but the best . . . in or out of the cage.

Last edited:
I don't think so. I think Holly was just too much for her. To my eye it was a mismatch from the opening bell. And Frank Mir called it before the fight. He said if the fight took place in a phone booth, Ronda would win. But if Holly could keep Ronda at the end of her punches, Holly would win. From what I saw, there wasn't a phone booth to be found during the entire fight.

Rousey saying she would crawl and get ahold of Mayweather, to defeat him, shows how big her ego had become. She couldn't ever do that in anything goes style fighting. Why? Because she'd obviously get kicked to death. The fact that she didn't even try to do that against Holm shows how much crap she talked.

135_Ronda_Rousey_vs_Holly_Holm.0.0.0.jpg

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/11/...y-knockout-mma-technique-boxing-head-kick-jab

Holly also hit her right in her big mouth. Look at the size of Holm! Who really think Ronda wants a rematch?

Holly-Holm-Ronda-Rousey-_0010.jpg

Holm sure had the right size and skill set to beat Rousey, but I never thought she would because she hadn't shown any real power. I guess Winkeljohn wasn't playing when he said she'd held back some on her first few fights. Also, Rousey running straight in with head up helps.

Freddie Roach (who had actually picked Rousey to win) said that she looked like she'd never even trained to fight a southpaw. That's her trainer's fault unless she was so arrogant she didn't want to train that.

Didn't see the fight, but watched some of the highlights. Brutal.

Rousey got it handed to her, alright.

Holly on the fight before the fight.....

[video=youtube;xS020zgMhkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS020zgMhkg[/video]

Back