Who will dethrone Ronda Rousey???

Ronda has demonstrated determination to fight hard, fight fast, and finish opponents even with people booing her, and they booed her early on in her MMA career. To me she comes across as somebody who has lots of will power. I think the credit goes to her mother for that. I have a feeling this loss will make her a more dangerous opponent in the future. As far as flaws, we all have them. Sure, she is arrogant, but being humble can only get you so far.

I am really fond of her quote, "F%% Prince Charming, I am my own superhero." (or something along those lines).

Ronda has demonstrated determination to fight hard, fight fast, and finish opponents even with people booing her, and they booed her early on in her MMA career. To me she comes across as somebody who has lots of will power. I think the credit goes to her mother for that. I have a feeling this loss will make her a more dangerous opponent in the future. As far as flaws, we all have them. Sure, she is arrogant, but being humble can only get you so far.

I am really fond of her quote, "F%% Prince Charming, I am my own superhero." (or something along those lines).

She got knocked out badly, because she met a real tough girl, instead of all the cupcakes she'd been fed all along. She won't be back.

Rousey acts like a punk..
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1794275-dennis-hallman-ronda-rousey-acts-like-a-14-year-old-boy

Last edited:
11410681_542621985896858_553578602_n.jpg

I wonder if she (Ronda) can be persuaded to fight Ms Justino at this point? Or, more importantly, will her handlers decide that such a fight would be beneficial to them financially?

We in New Mexico are sure proud of Holly Holm, an Albuquerque homegirl.

I was proud of her. That was an amazing fight put on by, Holm! :thumbup:

It's not going to happen. Word is so far that, after she takes some time off, Rouseys first fight back will likely be a rematch with Holm. It likely isn't going to be a boxing match this go 'round and holm will then have to prove that shes as good on the mat as she is standing.

Personally, I hope Rowdy mops the floor with her.

Can't see that happening...ever, Karda!

Look at the bands of muscle in her forearm. Her legs are really great. Can Ronda say OWWWWW!!:p

c3cac7a53343afdef5bcc344ce66e035_crop_north.jpg

mma-access-holly-holm-to-the-ufc-1.png

^^^
THIS! Holly Holm, IS an athlete!

When I watched the weigh in, I thought to myself, HH, is a physical specimen; with her boxing/kicking skills, she could pose a very formidable threat against, Rousey...

Last edited:
Holly two years ago, she wasn't as cut but still had the kick.
[video=youtube;TqkhcY4KlQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqkhcY4KlQs[/video]

That was hilarious and so is this one.

[video=youtube;NdnUDrGRrsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdnUDrGRrsU&feature=iv&src_vid=zO3YJvk50BI&annotation_id=annotation_3724627519[/video]

That was hilarious and so is this one.

[video=youtube;NdnUDrGRrsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdnUDrGRrsU&feature=iv&src_vid=zO3YJvk50BI&annotation_id=annotation_3724627519[/video]

^^^
:thumbup:

That was definitely worth watching again- RR getting her lunch handed to her! For a so called "professional athlete," you'd think RR would do some serious hard training, & get in real shape.

I read an interesting article about Rousey that gives her the respect she deserves but puts her career in perspective. She is a pioneer in Women's MMA and has clearly put this sport on the map but is she really that phenomenonal. As this sport grows, could she hang with the best in five or six years from now. Could she really arm bar her way to victory after victory. Hoyce Gracie was unstoppable back in the 90's and a (and still is) legend in his time but eventually the others fighters learned jujitsu and how to avoid take downs, he was not as dominant. We often see an athlete enter a sport, seem invincible, then eventually the "field" catches up. I am by no means an expert on MMA, I just found the article intriguing.

Last edited:
I don't see Rousey as a boxer, no matter what she does. She's just not fast, or agile enough. Holm won because she not only can hit and kick, she has amazing footwork. She used Rousey's aggression against her. Holm is also strong enough to not only avoid take downs, but has the skill to actually throw Rousey. She was smart enough to get away and let Rousey get up too, so she could continue to pick her apart. Holm didn't play into Rousey's style and defeated her easily.

Jill, I agree and think Holm will be a good champ but a better role model. She has my respect.

Yesterday I was at a Barnes & Noble and saw that there were two Ronda books there (several copies of each), prominently displayed. I didn't notice people lining up to buy them.

I don't see Rousey as a boxer, no matter what she does. She's just not fast, or agile enough. Holm won because she not only can hit and kick, she has amazing footwork. She used Rousey's aggression against her. Holm is also strong enough to not only avoid take downs, but has the skill to actually throw Rousey. She was smart enough to get away and let Rousey get up too, so she could continue to pick her apart. Holm didn't play into Rousey's style and defeated her easily.

Rouse is agile... that's the only thing i disagree with on this post. Other than that she's got nothing on Holm unless she can get her in a straight grappeling match. Holly has already shown she has Rousey's game figured out... it's not like Rhonda didn't try to get her to the ground more than once. Holly avoided being taken down, she got up when she was caught and even threw rousey down. She OWNED that match and unless Rousey learns a few new tricks the next fight will end the same IF she ever comes back. I will add to this that i think Rousey is a childish brat and i hope she gets KOd faster the next time. I'm sick of her being the absolute worst behaved No class whiner in MMA.

Rousey is still young enough to learn some serious movement. She fought like an idiot, chasing instead of cutting off, getting on the inside of Holm's leading foot, there was zero head movement making her face a bullseye every time she closed. Holm was really chambering the left cross and Rousey walked straight into it every time, didn't even seem to recognize it. It would take 6 months to a year for a dedicated and talented martial artist like Rousey to get to a point where she could negate most of the danger from Holm. Her defeat by Holm has made the gaping holes in her striking game clear for all to see.
At the same time, she'd need to practice different takedowns, single- and double legs, instead of the almost mandatory ogoshi. Holm has clearly become adept at defending against judo throws, but is probably more vulnerable to proper feints and shoots. Kata guruma instead of hip throws.

What remains to be seen is if Rousey is up for the challenge. As it stands, she does not have the tools to beat Holm, unless she gets lucky which is something no one wants to rely on.

Full fight, this is great.

[video]http://www.allfreefightvideos.com/2015/11/ronda-rousey-vs-holly-holm-fight-video.html[/video]

Back