Who's Drinkin'?????

Rogue "Dead Guy" ale. Finished a nice glass of Bulleit Rye but toning it down for the rest of the evening as sleep has been fitful lately.

Tonight is bacon wrapped venison backstrap from my hogs and my archery buck washed down with Oregon Spirit Distillers limited run of Bottled In Bond. I have no Busse's currently but the knife is from Drunken Marmot Farm and Forge. The old boy got to watch the feast.
image1 (2).jpegimage3 (2).jpeg

God, where to start? Stocking up for Christmas, here are our daily’s/standbys:

-Hendricks Gin: either mixed w Fever Tree light tonic and lime, or served w a light coating of St. Germaine in a big frozen martini glass.
-Glenmorangie Nectar d’Or: yeah, let the jokes begin🤣. But, we loved this 12 year aged in Sauternes casks. Great after dinner drink.
-Failla Sonoma Coast and Hobbs Crossbarn Sonoma Coast PN: we are loving both of these 2018s. Good values in a tough to find value varietal.
-Massican Annia: vintage in and vintage out we love this Italian blend produced in Napa. Crisp, dry, light and extremely flavorful.
-Flowers Sonoma Coast Chard: again 2018, this is our goto chard due to the crispness, subtle use of oak and brightness. An anti-Rombauer if you will. No offense to cougars🤣
-Hobbs Crossbarn Cab: we are not big Cab drinkers, but when we grill red meat, the Hobbs Crossbarn is our go to. Again, 2018.
-Beers: too numerous to mention!
-Sparkly: I can not discern between a Krug and a Gruet. We love the moderately priced Gloria Ferrer and Domaine Chandon. Most of this stuff (wife) gets mixed with OJ or Chambord, so cheaper is aok!
-Tequila: we love margaritas, nothing fancy, just Herradura Silver, Cointreau and fresh squeezed limes…and lots of SALT!

That’s it from here, Merry Christmas to all and God Bless everyone as we close out another challenging year!

Sipping a Rye Manhattan and daydreaming about what knives/etc may ultimately make it into my grab bag.

Happy New Year! I hope you all are drinking appropriately!

Last edited:
Angel's Envy Finished Rye, neat... and lots of it.

Happy New Year. RIP Betty White, and good riddance 2021!

JW blue, Lagavulin 16, and Talisker storm, in some order and amounts I can't really remember. Onward 2022 Excelsior!!

JW blue, Lagavulin 16, and Talisker storm, in some order and amounts I can't really remember. Onward 2022 Excelsior!!
How is the 16 compared to the Storm? I am familiar with Blue.

I get more brown sugar and fig from the storm and more peat smoke from the 16, I've heard others get the opposite. Honestly, I think your palate can be swayed by other influences like food/drink/cigars. Both are amazing.

Back