Whose got the best Khukri injury?- WARNING GRAPHIC!

duct_tape_get_well_soon_card-p137598136938181976fc518_400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
jhr007,

yup, always have a roll of duck tape handy. and tampons.

tampons are great for plugging bullet holes...

IceVeign, looks like you will be featured in the current or next Safety thread, Ouch!!! I've been there, almost took of my left wrist with a 15" Ang Khola back in 2002. Was featured in the safety thread back then. :foot: Your pictures are better then mine. ;) I didn't get any till at least 2 weeks after surgery to fix the 4 tendons that got cut.

Listen to your doctors, be carefull and heal quickly!!!

I was coming here to nominate you:D

jhr007,

Tampons ALSO work great for broken noses... Always carry a few a round... force of habit from my ol' Rugby days... Get unscented though... Stay safe and gald it wasn't worse...

Yup I have a box of standard tamp ons in my gym bag in case I ever get my nose opened or get cut elsewhere. If anyone asks me what's up I just say I like to keep em around for when I get cranky. To me that makes little sense but everyone else seems to laugh ;)

Dang... i dropped my BK2 on my foot the other day... thought i hit an artery when blood started squirter out every time i flexed it.

damn that looks nasty. Thats why I use a chainsaw...

good thing your knife was sharp though, a clean cut should heal nicely although those staples are gonna leave a scar much bigger then if the MD put in subdermal/intradermal sutures with small absorbable sutures. Oh well, thats what happens when most ER's are understaffed, underpaid, and filled with MD's which dont actually wanna be there!

jhr007,

tampons work better when you have medical grade cocaine to help with the pain and hemostasis.

+1 on using ducktape for sealing wounds. I have used it on myself a few times. Works and its waterproof.

I've also used krazey glue in a pinch to cover blisters... which can happen during a long day of chopping...but usually use on the occ. foot blister...

I've also used krazey glue in a pinch to cover blisters... which can happen during a long day of chopping...but usually use on the occ. foot blister...

+1

I've heard super glue and saran wrap being used during Vietnam to patch up some really bad wounds, but this is news to me...

Thanks!

+1

I've heard super glue and saran wrap being used during Vietnam to patch up some really bad wounds, but this is news to me...

Thanks!

Work in an ER for a while, and you start noticing a lot of smaller wounds being patched up with CA ester. CA is cyanoacylate, the stuff that's in superglue. All they do is have a medical grade, sterile version.

It works better than butterflies, and is a good bridge between a bandage and stitches.

jhr007,

maxipads for cheap pressure bandages

there's also some lovely anti-clotting pressure bandages i've seen at the camping store... might be prudent.

but really, the stupid ... it can burn. always evaluate if you are safe to act, and then ... act, perhaps use safer tools :) or wait. that's my safety buzz :)

Iceveign.... you win. Now I don't feel so bad about my own stupidity. Had insomnia, so I decided to sharpen my Everest Katana at 1:30 AM using a new method. Didn't notice that everything was working its way to the edge of the bench, then everything fell of the edge & the sword caught my finger as it fell:

cut.jpg

Back