Why are people dumping new PM 2 Red C81GRD2

For me, it's the red scales. While the steel is great, the red is a major turn-off. If I had bought one it would have been scale swapped immediately.

For me, it's the red scales. While the steel is great, the red is a major turn-off. If I had bought one it would have been scale swapped immediately.

I tend to agree. The red color in the beginning or in pictures seems to be really attractive but when holding the knife in hand, it is actually not among my favorite colors. I think a different color like orange (including burnt orange), blue (including light blue), or grey (like on some of the Hinderers) would be a better color, for me. Nonetheless, the M390 steel, the price, and the F&F make this one of the great PM2's.

Have the BB Blue PM2 390 DLC blade

Really wanting the BB Pm3 Blue M390 now bad.

I like the DLT Red M390 Pm2/3’s just missed out on them early on. They sold fast !

The DLT Red M390 are being sold on many of the auction sites by the barrel load.

I think the scalpers are dumping them now at not much more than they were sold when brand new from the Spyderco dealers. It doesn't appear that there are any latent defects or such, just that there were a ton of them sold and many are being resold.

That's the essence of the scaplers. They have to flip the product. Need the funds for the next exclusive.

The current trend of one per household should help deter them also.

I just looked at the only auction site I’m aware of and you’re right, there are a lot of them listed. But at what I consider to be stupid prices. I didn’t see any reasonable prices, but I just glanced at the first page of them.

I wish it was a regular production model. Love this version. I would buy them all day long and everyday on Sunday from my favorite site sponsor dealer. I’d have ten of them. But never from the auction site. If I can’t get a knife from the dealer or from another BF member on the exchange, I just won’t get it. Fortunately, Spyderco makes a ton of great models and they always have something new in the pipeline.

I just looked at the only auction site I’m aware of and you’re right, there are a lot of them listed. But at what I consider to be stupid prices. I didn’t see any reasonable prices, but I just glanced at the first page of them.

I wish it was a regular production model. Love this version. I would buy them all day long and everyday on Sunday from my favorite site sponsor dealer. I’d have ten of them. But never from the auction site. If I can’t get a knife from the dealer or from another BF member on the exchange, I just won’t get it. Fortunately, Spyderco makes a ton of great models and they always have something new in the pipeline.
That's how I try to think about a sprint I've missed. It's a nice knife but I know another one is coming before long.

Back