Why do you collect knives?

I don't collect knives, I just kind of amass them.

Tried collecting coins and stamps, but failed at both.

Invariably I'd need to get a gumball or pay the parking meter and there went the coins...

Then I'd have to mail a bill or birthday card or such and off go the stamps...

If this was sockforums.com or scarfforums.com I suppose I'd collect socks or scarves, but it's Bladeforums... so knives it is I guess.

I've almost always chosen a fixed blade for EDC, and I only look for a 'better' knife after I've used one enough to know what it doesn't do for me. They ALL cut stuff, they work as knives, but there is a certain feel, and feeling, that comes with a well executed design. So, while I don't collect knives, specifically, I do tend to accumulate them. I buy what I like at the time, I don't have favorite categories or styles. Except for one art piece, they've all been used, some more than others. My computer desk has about 30 knives on it right now....

because I have had lots of guns and love working on them, so I think the knifes go hand and hand! as I also like to work on them as well and make sure both run smoothly, its a art in itself, photography is my only other habit so im guilty as charged:rolleyes:
And knives are fortunately cheaper than guns! Hahaha

As for me, I tend to view my knives as 80% tool, 20% collectable, and 100% for fun. They’re excellent implements to have around the house and on your person at all times. You never know when you’ll need to open something or cut some stuff apart.

I honestly have more knives than I realistically need, but it’s all part of the fun. On a serious note, as long as you’re not in debt and your other expenses are covered, it’s perfectly fine to spend your hard-earned cash on knives. Enjoy what you buy and practice knife safety at all times.

Hey, if the girls can have 75 million bags, shoes, and makeup stuff, let us knife guys enjoy our pointy slicey things too.

Back