Why No Love for Victorinox Executive?

I carry my executive with my swisstool spirit s or my b.o. swisstool because they lack scissors, tweezers, and tooth pick. Technically the classic could also fill that void but the scissors are larger on the executive. Not to mention the 2 pen blades on the executive which are very sheeple friendly. The executive is also a great knife to carry with an alox farmer for the same reasons i pair it with my swisstools, it adds the scissors, tweezers, and toothpick. If I am going out on any given day it's the alox farmer and executive. If i am going out expecting to need many tools it's the swisstool and executive.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great responses. I'm pleased to hear that others are appreciating the Executive. I use all the tools on mine, even the toothpick and orange peeler. That peeler does a great just on getting things out from their clamshell packaging. It just cuts right through. I really like the Executive's size and appreciate the fact that it has 2-blades.

Whenever I'm wearing pants, I have my Executive with me. I will usually compliment that with a Delica-4 or a Vic Cadet. Many times, my Executive is the only blade have I have with me.

As for the scissors being useless compared to a knife blade, Try trimming nose hairs with a knife.:D

Heh...I do that in the privacy of my home, with real scissors. ;')

Of course, until while you are out and notice one or three you missed. They are not called wild hairs for no reason. Also, it's okay to do spot grooming in a private area or public restroom. If all you have is a Buck 110 on your person, that should do fine. All you would need then is a cutting board to lay your nose upon. Can I watch? :D

I was just at a Field and Stream store and saw this in the knife aisle. Seems to be either a knife from wenger or victorinox decided to us the wenger scissors.
20151024_165111.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was just at a Field and Stream store and saw this in the knife aisle. Seems to be either a knife from wenger or victorinox decided to us the wenger scissors.
20151024_165111.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And there's no SD tip on the nail file! I love the SD tip.

Deal breaker.

That "Executive 81" looks like a slightly modified Wenger Esquire, right down to the main tools (including the Wenger micro-serrated scissors and the nail file with the cleaner tip instead of the small flathead driver). I'm not surprised that they switched to Vic toothpick and tweezers -- but I have no idea why they decided to move the key/lanyard ring over to the other end. On the Esquire, the ring was on the opposite side of the opened knive; now it's on the same end (like the SD; more cumbersome to use the knife if you have anything on the ring).

I'm a fan of the Executive. I spend most of my waking hours in an office environment, and a small knife is less a necessity and more of a nice to have. Most days, it sits in my pocket, unused, coming out to snap the ties on a carton of printer paper.

I'm a big fan of a small tool to compliment a larger folder. It's the winning combination for me.

The choice of tool though is highly personal depending on taste and different lifestyle needs.

For me, the Leatherman Micra is heads and shoulders above the Executive in tool section for me.

But then, I drink espresso in the morning and am stunned that not everybody does.

Untitled by Pinnah, on Flickr

For me, the Leatherman Micra is heads and shoulders above the Executive in tool section for me.

I gave a Micra to my daughter to put on her key chain and she raves about so often I'm thinking if getting one for myself.

I've carried a Victorinox Executive for over 20 years along with a larger knife for my EDC. Also, the Exectuive's orange peeler's serrated edge can be a good box opener.

I have a reed alox or at least smooth metal one. I remade the orangepeeler to a small screwdriver for glasses. Nice knife but seldom used.

Bosse

I'm a big fan of a small tool to compliment a larger folder. It's the winning combination for me.

The choice of tool though is highly personal depending on taste and different lifestyle needs.

But then, I drink espresso in the morning and am stunned that not everybody does.

I'm perfectly okay with espresso in the AM, but I like to be stunned awake first thing, so I need the bit more jolt to be got from a regular medium roast coffee, which has more caffein in it than the darker roasts. Those I like for the bold taste, and for guzzling later in the day. Espresso, because of the steam process, has just about the least amount of caffein as any varieties that are not decaffeinated.

The Executive is the only one of my EDC knives I can carry into government buildings like the Pentagon here in DC that have a two and a half inch blade limit for knives. Too bad we can't fly commercial with one.

As for the orange peeler, think of it as a lemon twist tool for your martini, sazerac, horse's neck . . .

Last edited:
the executive was and still is the first sak I owned - dad brought it along from Switzerland in the mid 60's and I still use it on occasion - I also gutted and skinned a deer with it - small blade on a bet - it worked just fine and I do use that orange peeler with great success - I also have and use the "Director" version of that same model
Peace
Revvie

I have found the nail file to be a useful tool when you need something flexible to poke or pry like for popping tight batteries out of a toy. I also found the orange peeler screw driver tip very useful, since it was always on my person, until I had a nasty accident with it. One day I was tightening a cabinet knob and put too much force into it. My hand slipped and the orange peeler sliced my finger tip giving me a nasty cut. I've used that screw driver hundreds of times in the past but now I think it's a terrible design. :(

Back