Wild and Unusual Buck Knives

123 Fillet Knife

bPgNBvb.jpg

Buck Custom 102 has a mirror polished blade with a tang stamp: Buck /Custom/USA. The handle is stacked polished stag and aluminum.

sTMxrv0.jpg

LTvT7Zd.jpg

bZ8B2Ln.jpg

WOW!!! This has got to be the BEST looking 102 I have ever had the pleasure of seeing!!:D WOW!!!! Makes the old heart skip a beat!!!:thumbsup:
John

wow. what a combo there. any ideas what types of steels in that damascus?

Seems that Leroy told me Meier Steel made most of Buck's patterned steel back in the day and the earlier was Parker, or vice-versa. He suggested that the patterns weren't named like they are today; ladder, raindrop, etc... They ordered patterned steel and they got patterned steel.

One is Parker and the other is Meier. I don't recall which Leroy said was which.

Of course, I could be imagining all of this...

Seems that Leroy told me Meier Steel made most of Buck's patterned steel back in the day and the earlier was Parker, or vice-versa. He suggested that the patterns weren't named like they are today; ladder, raindrop, etc... They ordered patterned steel and they got patterned steel.

One is Parker and the other is Meier. I don't recall which Leroy said was which.

That bottom one is amazing.

good info, thank you Sir. great damascus steels example knives also.

Back