Wilderness Survival Kukri

Status
Not open for further replies.
It`s one of the best-looking knives in a long time,what steel is it and is the finger hole big enough to fit the finger thru?

Both finger-holes are big enough for any fingers (other than giant sausage fingers....:D)

The steel is 5160 - tough stuff.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

so then , who is tom brown and why did they name the production version after him?

the short form is: the knife in the movie the hunted was bade by dave beck oritinally, and copied in scenes as a prop by the movie production company - closeups show variations.

the longer form? dave beck pretty much owns all rights to the design of HIS knife and has granted anyone the right to pursue their own based on those designs. tom brown has his version, and has TOPS make it. tom wants the whole ball of wax. see:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404745&highlight=wsk+beck

also just search around on this forum, and specifically the wilderness/survival area. search on WSK, beck, brown, linger, "the hunted", and variations. lots of controversy. very sad.

dan has made a very unique entry into the market, a lot of thought went behind it, and it's looking really good - wholly his own baby too. the price? hard to beat. fantastic.

bladite

Dan,

are you accepting orders for it? I would love to get one! it looks like you made the perfect survival knife!

Thanks, guys.

I am taking orders - yes. But be forewarned that I am several months behind and still catching up (just got back in town). If you're still interested, shoot me an email.

Thanks!

Pic:

18495_4831994199252_86789642_n.jpg

Having attemped fullering a few KLOs myself, I must say I am quite impressed by this recent kukri made by Jason Knight.

Personally, I gave up on the idea a long time ago...because if I couldn't have fullers, I didn't want to make it. And I found that putting fullers in was crazy painful and time-consuming. So I left it to the Kamis.

Kudos to Jason's amazing abilities. If you get a chance, look him up.

What do you guys think of it?

Dan

I think I'd have one if I could afford it.

I'm closing this thread as I no longer make this knife - just wanted to share Jason's work.

Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back