Wilderness Survivial Skills Knife - 3rd Run - CPM 3V - Official List

Hi Dan

sent 3 deposits

1 twill g10 with liners
1 ncm with black liners if possible (if not its cool)
1 with GCM and red liners if possible (if not its cool)

All with drop loop kydex option

thanks
Gabe

Is sheath retention pretty good for these things? Upside down neck carry scares the bejesus out of me on some less than perfect fitting sheaths.

Does it come with the necklace (the beaded metal one in the first photo)?

Hello Dan,

I would like to order two. I have already sent you an email. Thank you.

Pete

Got it. :thumbup:

Hi Dan

sent 3 deposits

1 twill g10 with liners
1 ncm with black liners if possible (if not its cool)
1 with GCM and red liners if possible (if not its cool)

All with drop loop kydex option

thanks
Gabe

Cool with me! I updated the list.

I´ll tke one with blu G10 handle.
Can you show G10 color?

deposit made

Blue G10 - got it.
It's very blue - I actually like it more than orange lately for a "stand out" color.

Hey Dan, just wondering what the RC hardness on these is aimed for?

I have it hardened to (and test confirmed) 60 HRc.

Regardless the application, that is the *sweet spot* for CPM 3V.

Is sheath retention pretty good for these things? Upside down neck carry scares the bejesus out of me on some less than perfect fitting sheaths.

Does it come with the necklace (the beaded metal one in the first photo)?

I can make it as tight as you want. Any kydex sheath will loosen a bit with time/wear. But I do make these snug for everyday neck carry. If it ever loosens, I'll gladly re-fit it no charge.

Dan,

Put me down for one bare blade with the pancake Kydex sheath.

Thanks, Dutch

Got it. Thanks!

:thumbup:

5 spots left...who wants 'em?

;)

Dan

Hey Dan, if you are putting a GCM with red liners together already would you add that for the brownfam GCM knife? I am really looking forward to this knife. I don't have any 3V knives so this will be great to test. How are rust issues? I keep tuff cloth or mineral oil on everything in my pockets but the calcium chloride in the sand here still manages through on days when I get really wet and dirty.
Thanks,
Zach

Can we see pics of finished knives in all handle options?

Second deposit has been sent. If it is possible to change handle type, I would like one in green canvas micarta, and one skeleton. If its too late to change my first knife, then Ill do the one silver twill already ordered, and one skeleton.

Thanks

Joe

Last edited:
PayPal sent. I would like skeletonized with the standard sheath please. Thanks.

Hey Dan, you still have the list as "mo on its way". Have you received it yet? If not, let me know because I sent it two weeks ago and if you didn't I need go to the PO and start some paperwork. Let me know, thank you.

Pete

Sweet I didn't know you were doing another run of these. I just sent paypal and will send you an email with the order details thanks.

Dan I would like to change my handle from Blue G10 to Green Canvas Micarta if I can't no biggie just Hopping I sent the deposit in time to get one of the last spots.

Hey Dan, if you are putting a GCM with red liners together already would you add that for the brownfam GCM knife? I am really looking forward to this knife. I don't have any 3V knives so this will be great to test. How are rust issues? I keep tuff cloth or mineral oil on everything in my pockets but the calcium chloride in the sand here still manages through on days when I get really wet and dirty.
Thanks,
Zach

Done

Can we see pics of finished knives in all handle options?

Second deposit has been sent. If it is possible to change handle type, I would like one in green canvas micarta, and one skeleton. If its too late to change my first knife, then Ill do the one silver twill already ordered, and one skeleton.

Thanks

Joe

I think I've got it right now - let me know.

Hey Dan, you still have the list as "mo on its way". Have you received it yet? If not, let me know because I sent it two weeks ago and if you didn't I need go to the PO and start some paperwork. Let me know, thank you.

Pete

I updated it - thanks!

Dan I would like to change my handle from Blue G10 to Green Canvas Micarta if I can't no biggie just Hopping I sent the deposit in time to get one of the last spots.

I got you on the list.

Thanks!

Dan

I'm still on target to start shipping the PIF knives on Dec 20.

If you are hankering to get yours before Christmas, let me know!!

Thanks!

Dan

Back