• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed William Boos / Boos Blades

Will / his company Boos Blades has been unresponsive to me and apparently many others. I'm not sure what happened because this is the opposite of my past dealings with him, he had always been kind and very responsive. When I asked on reddit if anyone had contacted him recently and I got a bunch of people saying they also had bad experiences with him. https://www.reddit.com/r/knifeclub/comments/ay22s5/has_anyone_been_able_to_contact_will_from_boos/

I have seen on his Instagram that he is setting up his own work space to do customs or something, and that may not be great if he just drops communication with people

I'll put my story below, TLDR warning probably.

I originally purchased / pre-ordered a Boos Blade Mini Aero from Will back in December of 2017! I specially remember falling in love with the design so much that I purchased internet for the flight I was on so I could be sure and get in on the preorder. When the knife arrived in January I found the edge was hitting the backspacer, I reached out to Will and he quickly offered to make it right.

At this point I sent the knife in and I honestly was very lax in getting updates, when I did ask how things were going he would always have an excuse (I honestly believe them and don't think he was lying about anything at this point). First it was Chinese new year, then the shipment got rejected and he was taking them to WE at bladeshow. At this point I forgot about it and let several months pass, I pinged him in August and got no response, but when I asked him about it in September he said it would ship in two weeks and he wanted to verify my address. This would be the last communication I had with Will.

I didn't contact him again until January(this is probably a mistake on my part), no response. I emailed him again and the boos blade support email in February, no response. Now in March I've messaged his and his wifes Instagram but neither have responded.

To just rub salt in the wound, he did a cyber monday sale (between when he told me he was going to send me the knife and when he started ignoring me) and Will sold more mini aero knives while he was basically ignoring me.

At this point I don't know what to do, and don't think there is anything I can do.

Sorry I don't post much on bladeforums, I have a Reddit and IG that have a bit more posts.

That sucks.

Often times newer makers will get completely overwhelmed with the amount of demand they've received for their product. Probably the case here too.

Make sure to send him a link to both this thread and the Reddit post.

I wouldn't lose faith, despite this already having taken an unacceptably long time as is

Remessage him and attach the links. Only time will tell.

I saw your post on Reddit. I hope he rectifies this, because that level of poor responsiveness is pretty ugly.

I'm somewhat interested in his knives, but absolutely not willing to take a gamble on them if this is how he treats customers.

He seems to do this often where he disappears for months at a time. Not sure why. He could be out of the country or a sick family member or who knows what. He eventually will get back to you from what im told. But yea its a thing that i assumed only happened once.

I had broke my clip with the boos mini aero. I reached out to him twice with a month in between and never received a response.. I sold the mini and was done with the brand

Now that i remember back a year ago or so he had a death in the family or something like that.

You can try and reach out to the we knives warranty rep in your country and see if they can help.

Will has been known to be a poor communicator, unfortunately he only seems to be on the ball when they are in the middle of a release.
It's a shame because he has a pretty appealing design language, I love my Smoke TM1.
My Mini Aero also had backspacer contact, living in Canada complicated the process of warranty work so I just fixed it myself. I do hope you somehow resolve this with Will and get your knife back in proper working order.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll reach out to him one more time with this link and see if I get anything back.

At this point it is around two months since not hearing back on the January email so if the two month disappearance thing is true then I might hear back soon.

You can try and reach out to the we knives warranty rep in your country and see if they can help.

As far as contacting WE knives I really feel like this is an issue between Boos Blades and I, and I don't have a knife to send them. I guess out of the goodness of their hearts they could try to help me but it seems way out of what is required of them.

As far as contacting WE knives I really feel like this is an issue between Boos Blades and I, and I don't have a knife to send them. I guess out of the goodness of their hearts they could try to help me but it seems way out of what is required of them.
The folks at WE have been very good about warranty repair/replacement stuff in my experience, even for OEM stuff, and I've heard the same from others. I would've tried to go to them about it first, but you're right that they probably can't help you in this case since the knife is with Boos. I hope he rectifies this issue for you. And as SeppukuSamurai said, send him the link to this thread.

Last edited:
I have an update, will reached out to me on Monday this week, he apologized for all the delay, told me that he would be bringing on someone to help with all his support emails / tasks.

He has refunded my original payment so that I can put this issue behind, he also offered to send me a knife but I didn't think it would be right to take a knife from him. He told me that anyone else who didn't get response from him should resend a email to help@boosblades.com and he will make sure they are answered right away.

At this point I am refunded and glad it is over, he has said he will take steps to ensure this doesn't happen again and I hope that is true.

Last edited:
Glad to hear. I was reminded of this thread when I recently saw he just showed off the next prototype he's working on. Figured I'd let you know he's around but it appears it's sorted now.

Good to have an email address to contact him.

I think I see spots before my eyes; leopard spots and they fade in and out, but aren't changing. ;) :rolleyes:

The folks at WE have been very good about warranty repair/replacement stuff in my experience, even for OEM stuff, and I've heard the same from others. I would've tried to go to them about it first, but you're right that they probably can't help you in this case since the knife is with Boos. I hope he rectifies this issue for you. And as SeppukuSamurai said, send him the link to this thread.

I'd send WE links to this thread, the Reddit posts and any other like posts about Boos... If I were a manufacturer as big as WE is now I'd want to make sure I wasn't associating myself with this sort of douchefoolery. I bet he wouldn't ignore WE if they reached out compelling him to get it together.

Wish I had seen this before but it may be happening again

Got this email from Will Boos regarding my smoke mini preorder

"I know you are looking forward to a tracking number so I wanted to reach out to you and let you know about whats been going on with the delivery. WE Knives, our Chinese manufacturing partner, informed me that because of the Hong Kong riots, shipping knives right now comes with a high risk of the knives being confiscated by customs.

WE Knives gave me the option of waiting for things to settle down or taking a chance with a new commercial forwarder. They have taken the precaution of running a test shipment with the new forwarder and as of this moment, we are still waiting for that test shipment to arrive. Once this test shipment is successfully delivered they will then ship the Smoke Minis and they should be arriving around a week later.

I am confident that we will be able to work with the new shipping option and expect to take delivery a few weeks later than we first expected."
Tryn to have good thoughts personally..

"I know you are looking forward to a tracking number so I wanted to reach out to you and let you know about whats been going on with the delivery. WE Knives, our Chinese manufacturing partner, informed me that because of the Hong Kong riots, shipping knives right now comes with a high risk of the knives being confiscated by customs.

WE Knives gave me the option of waiting for things to settle down or taking a chance with a new commercial forwarder. They have taken the precaution of running a test shipment with the new forwarder and as of this moment, we are still waiting for that test shipment to arrive. Once this test shipment is successfully delivered they will then ship the Smoke Minis and they should be arriving around a week later.

I am confident that we will be able to work with the new shipping option and expect to take delivery a few weeks later than we first expected."

That actually makes sense, though. With everything that is happening in Hong Kong I imagine China would be keeping track of shipments like that. They’ve already banned black clothing from being shipped to HK, you think they’d want a shipment of knives to slip through? Obviously I’m not on China’s side or even Boo’s, this just seems like a legitimate shipment problem to me. I don’t think he’s trying to duck out of anything seeing as it’s being shipped by WE.

Here's a breakdown of the top 10 ports in China.
  • Port of Shanghai. ...
  • Port of Shenzhen. ...
  • Port of Ningbo-Zhoushan. ...
  • Port of Hong Kong. ...
  • Port of Guangzhou. ...
  • Port of Qingdao. ...
  • Port of Tianjin. ...
  • Port of Dalian.

VDK knives seems to be having the same issue with his damasteel blades(not 100% certain what the item was...) from WE. I'm not sure why this is happening to some people and not others but it is my opinion that the shipping delay is true and probably not wills fault.

Back