Wilson Custom Knives-M7 Hollow Handle Survival Knife

WOW!!!

I'm not a HH fan, but this is truly spectacular work. Really outstanding.

It's good to see you've made the saw-tooth spine an option (even though it's been your most requested option).

Even your leather work is excellent.

Masterfully done all around!!!

Thank you very much, those are very nice compliments fmajor. I appreciate it.

This is gorgeous. I'm looking forward to your testing. I'll have to save up for one!

Thanks Rockywolf. This one is sold, but I did test the saw briefly before I finished it out. It went about 75% through a 2x4 in just over 30 seconds, the last little bit the friction of the blade was kind of slowing it down. With a full 9" blade it would no doubt be faster. I'm pretty satisfied with that, as I think the most that people would use it for would be going through small branches, which would be no problem. Thank you very much.

Beautiful work,

Thank you LostViking, I appreciate it. :thumbup:

Sam

I wanted to go ahead and show some additional options that this one came with. The base model comes with the knife as shown earlier in 440C in blasted or satin and the same sheath without the pouch or M.O.A. System for $595. The 9" version starts at $625.

This one came with the steel upgrade, the M.O.A. System, the pouch, and the basic survival kit. I will go ahead and put in pictures of the whole package. The M.O.A. System:

105_2601_zpsfdbazlr8.jpg

105_2602_zpsbjkkhrry.jpg

This provides a way to sharpen the knives obviously, and also a small PSK knife to do fine tasks (clean small game or fish, get out a splinter, and to cut the cord on the handle if you want to access it).

Then the pouch on the front comes fitted to the included tin, and also contains the optional Basic Survival Kit. This kit is not meant to be exhaustive, but to provide some quick essentials that will come in very handy.

105_2603_zpsafrxxt4v.jpg

105_2605_zpscaipvclc.jpg

And the kit itself:

105_2606_zpsqtptnly5.jpg

This obviously isn't the smallest lightest package around, but these are optional upgrades. Without them, the sheath is obviously lighter. However, if you want a pretty good kit/setup that covers a lot of the basics and does it in one streamlined package, without having to use bands or tape to hold everything together, this is certainly an option. This doesn't cover whatever you may choose to put in the hollow handle, as well.

Everything above, in one streamlined package:

105_2598_zpstcfgbtub.jpg

Feel free to give feedback, positive/negative on the rest of it. Thank you for the honesty and kindness.

Sam :thumbup:

Good stuff, Sam. I'll bet Lile, Timberline, Crain, and Randall were glad you weren't around in the 80s. :D :thumbup:

Thanks Tom. Although I probably would have received a spanking from all of those guys! :D

beautifly done HH sam ,,i bookmarked your home page for possible future purchase

Thanks, vic! I appreciate it, and look forward to hearing from you someday.

Sam. :thumbup:

Very cool :) Do you ship to Australia? Take money orders ? How long would it be ?

Last edited:
Hi Sam

I know that I am late to the party but are you still taking orders for these?

I would be very interested in a 9" CPM-154 model.

Cheers

Steven

Never had a hollow handled knife (besides those el cheapo flea market failures) but this really peaks my interest.
Thank you for sharing pics of your outstanding work sir!

Hi Sam

I know that I am late to the party but are you still taking orders for these?

I would be very interested in a 9" CPM-154 model.

Cheers

Steven

Hello Steven,

Yes, this is part of my regular lineup now. Shoot me a pm or email if you have any questions or I can do anything for you. Thank you for your interest,

Sam :thumbup:

Never had a hollow handled knife (besides those el cheapo flea market failures) but this really peaks my interest.
Thank you for sharing pics of your outstanding work sir!

Thank you MrFixIt. They are a lot of fun. I have a blast playing with and making them. Mostly playing with them, but I can't complain either way. :D:thumbup:

Hello Steven,

Yes, this is part of my regular lineup now. Shoot me a pm or email if you have any questions or I can do anything for you. Thank you for your interest,

Sam đź‘Ť

Thank you MrFixIt. They are a lot of fun. I have a blast playing with and making them. Mostly playing with them, but I can't complain either way. :D:thumbup:
Mr.Wilson
how you attach the blade to the hollow handle tube ?

Mr.Wilson
how you attach the blade to the hollow handle tube ?
Sam is in the middle of moving his shop, so it might be awhile until he responds. In the meantime, this video should alleviate any concern about the strength of Sam's hollow handle design. He talks about its construction starting at 3:24.

Sam is in the middle of moving his shop, so it might be awhile until he responds. In the meantime, this video should alleviate any concern about the strength of Sam's hollow handle design. He talks about its construction starting at 3:24.

Thank you, Tom. Finally getting over the hump, been a long road (Rambo fans will get it, lol).

C Cognoscenti Sorry, been off the forums for some time, moving my shop and everything else I own. In brief, the blade tangs are pinned, epoxied and threaded in place. I have a very over built process that I have developed over the years that works very well for me. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Glad to hear from you, TAH TAH .

Sam

Reactions: TAH
Back