(Winner announced!)Contest-Win a full set of HoodsWoods DVD's!

And the winner is.......Rocketbomb!

Congrats brother, email your shipping addy to Jeff@ESEEknives.com.

OK, as most of you know by now, Ron Hood is in a bit of need.

So, since he admirably want's nothing to do with charity, were giving away some of his wares to help him out.

Contest prize is a full set of HoodsWoods DVD's.

http://survival.instantestore.net/pd_buy_all.cfm

This is an awesome prize worth every penny of it's $450 price. Soooooooo....... It can't be easy to win, nor can it be particularly pleasant.:D

In the spirit of Ron and Karen's style, were going to do a cooking contest. But a normal, boring cooking contest won't do.

So, your mission is to do some wild game, roadkilled, insect infested, outdoor cooked recipes. I want good, solid recipe-card format with ingredient listings, pictures and the whole nine.

The nastier the better.:thumbup:

All the ususal rules apply, gold member or higher, ESEE has no liability for food poisioning or gastro distress.

Post your enteries to this thread.

We'll give it a tenative 2 weeks, might be extended but you'll have at least that long.

Now go drive around and see what you can come up with.:barf:

Last edited:
Yep, if you truly want to lose and have something not worth eating. Ethan's cookbook is worse than his knives! :D

Oh DAMN!!! I can't believe you went there. Well, ok, its official, Ethan can take you talkin' crap about the knives, but the last guy that talked shit about "The Book", wound up as a recipe in it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm tellin'!!!! You gonna get it now. Hey, when Ethan gets done with you, we're splittin' up your gear. Won't be much to split up, a couple of unused, rusty ESEE knives, a $6 Tramonia machete, and some shot glasses, but, hey, free gear is free gear.

:D:thumbup:

Moose

Oh DAMN!!! I can't believe you went there. Well, ok, its official, Ethan can take you talkin' crap about the knives, but the last guy that talked shit about "The Book", wound up as a recipe in it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm tellin'!!!! You gonna get it now. Hey, when Ethan gets done with you, we're splittin' up your gear. Won't be much to split up, a couple of unused, rusty ESEE knives, a $6 Tramonia machete, and some shot glasses, but, hey, free gear is free gear.

:D:thumbup:

Moose

Guess its time for a gold membership then.

Oh and moose...you're such a gomer.

I can just see the storyline. It's the end of time. Only a few people remain in this world run by rogues. All books have been destroyed except for one copy of the Joy of Cooking. The lone savior, Moose, sets out across the country armed only with a broken Becker knife and the Book Of Ethan. Along the way people try to take it from him because if the book gets out then sanity will once again ring in the world, cheap knives will reign supreme and bad recipes will make people giddy.

BTW: if anyone saw the movie the BOOK OF ELI, I have to say that was the absolute worst movie I have ever been hyped into seeing. Wasn't worth the screen time.

BTW: if anyone saw the movie the BOOK OF ELI, I have to say that was the absolute worst movie I have ever been hyped into seeing. Wasn't worth the screen time.

It was pretty bad but Machete was far worse.

That movie plain sucked, IMO. Who Framed Roger Rabbit was way better and I hated it.

And just to keep this thread halfway on track, I cooked Beef Stroganoff and even made some Brownies tonight. So, my cooking skills are intact. Tomorrow evening it's my world famous spaghetti sauce on Rigatoni. Took me years to get this sauce just right. Some day I might do a cook book and make bad knives :D

And just to keep this thread halfway on track, I cooked Beef Stroganoff and even made some Brownies tonight. So, my cooking skills are intact. Tomorrow evening it's my world famous spaghetti sauce on Rigatoni. Took me years to get this sauce just right. Some day I might do a cook book and make bad knives :D

Tv_mushsml_t268.jpg

158934120_750e87b24e_m.jpg

Good job boss....

I can just see the storyline. It's the end of time. Only a few people remain in this world run by rogues. All books have been destroyed except for one copy of the Joy of Cooking. The lone savior, Moose, sets out across the country armed only with a broken Becker knife and the Book Of Ethan. Along the way people try to take it from him because if the book gets out then sanity will once again ring in the world, cheap knives will reign supreme and bad recipes will make people giddy.

Snakes on a Plane. Yeah, I watched it. WTF was that about. I do enjoy Sam Jackson's cussing scenes though, they tend to make me smile.

Gomer? Not sure how to take that. As in Gomer Pyle, USMC, Andy Griffith spin off actor? Now, in the show, Gomer was a hillbilly, that loved the outdoors, and could survive quite well (Remember the survival episode where SGT. Carter gained 10lbs on his SERE course :D?) in the great outdoors? Well thanks G A1, I appreciate that. Now, if your calling me ghey, like Jim Neighbors, well, quit lookin' at my ass, you're making me nervous.

Jeff, I always pictured you as Hamburger Whomper, pork rinds, and frozen pizza kinda guy. Pics or it didn't happen.

Beckers don't melt, they simple shed their earthy coil in order to become pure steel of culinary justice.

Keeping the thread on track, I made a ham, mac n cheese, green beans, stuffing, for Christmas dinner. Nothing wild, but I do gets my cook on, daily, I'm the chief Cook and food slinger in my house.

Moose

One of the things I really enjoy is cooking. Mike and I are always trading recipes.

One of the things I really enjoy is cooking. Mike and I are always trading recipes.

Same here. I been cooking for a while, got some good recipes, but I don't get to cook much anymore. Wife works nights, I work days, and since its just me and the kids in the evening, no need to go all full house dinner. I cook stuff on the weekends, for the girls, but not through the week.

I remember when we had the ranch, and we raised rabbits. I say raised, but anyone that has kept rabbits knows its about keeping them from over breeding. We ate alot of rabbit to keep the numbers in check. That and chickens, I loves me some yard bird.

Roast rabbit with halved potatoes, in a brown sauce, is still one of my favorite dishes.

Moose

The way I look at things is there is not much to a man that can't cook and there not much to a woman that won't take care of a good man.

The Mr Forgot to mention you have to taste your recipe. :)

I love cooking also. I'm so glad that I'm a moderator right now though.

Back