• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Winner Post #104 - What You Like Best Contest - Winner gets to pick their prize

I like having contests where I get to give away cool pieces of wood.
This contest will be a bit different than any of the ones before.
The winner of the contest drawing gets to pick out anything they want from my webstore. The first drawing will be on May 1st. If enough people enter the drawing it may continue after that with more drawings. The purpose of the contest is to help me to learn what you guys like best for wood handle materials.

Here is how the contest works

Look through my webstore and decide what you like best. This link will take you to the webstore.

Then make a post in this thread telling which piece you saw that you liked more than anything else. Example; I liked the Lace Redwood Burl Block # B444

The number of your post will be your number for the drawing.

On May 1st I will go to random.org and use their random number generator to pick the winning number.

Winner of the drawing gets to pick out their prize by selecting anything they want from the webstore. I will pay for the shipping anywhere in the world as well.

I will be adding more wood to the webstore daily so you can enter the drawing more than once. Please limit your entries to no more than once every few days. As different pieces are added you might see something else you like as well.

This contest will help me to know what you guys really like.
If there is anything you like that you don't see that you think I should get, please post that as well.

This link will take you to the webstore.

Last edited:
I like #B444 Curly Red Koa - Stabilized Block

Thanks for the contest

Tim

I really like block # 568 Australian Sheoak, It has a lacy appearance that just seams to flow, i would use this with some matched Damascus.

I liked #B716 Ribbon Curl Hawaiian Koa - Stabilized Block. Very nice indeed.

#B755 It has all the beautiful characteristics of burl, lace and redwood, mixed into one block. I am book marking this site anyway. Never know when I might need to do a special project for a give away. Thanks for sharing!

My favorite is B751 Redwood Burl... I'm a sucker for redwood burl!

a20792012f56fc661cf058_l.jpg

I love the #F124 Curly Koa - Stabilized Folder Scales
This would look great on I folding knife that I own...Thanks for the contest

I like it all !!!! But if I could choose one block from your website it would be B444. I would also like to see some ironwood on your site.

I am a sucker for old growth Redwood Burl but from your store pieces I found myself drooling on my keyboard over the Curly Red Koa and if I had to just choose 1 block it would be #B301

a20791f12f5a710dc93979_m.jpg

I like it all !!!! But if I could choose one block from your website it would be B444. I would also like to see some ironwood on your site.

I have some Ironwood I will be cutting some time in the near future.
To cut ironwood you have to be in the mood for self abuse and have a bunch of extra blades for the bandsaw.

I like #S421 Mun Ebony - Full Size Scales

that looks really pretty and has a neat pattern to it too!

thanks for the contest

How can one not appreciate a piece of good wood! My wife likes this one too! #B716 Ribbon Curl Hawaiian Koa - Stabilized Block

If I had to choose just one peice from your stock of AMAZING wood it would have to be block B751 Redwood Burl stabilized. I'm a sucker for lots of eyes and this block has 'em in spades.

Awesome giveaway! Thanks very much. I've been waiting to buy some micarta scale material, but maybe I'd rather have the S370 Dyed Curly Hickory Stabilized scales. Looks like flames man!

Back