Winter Kith, 2017/2018

CsIovWj.jpg

jj7Kn7g.jpg

dUFhFIK.jpg

It's not perfect by any means. I messed up on one of the scales with the blood wood and just don't have time to do it over. I'm going to be super tight in getting something to put it in.

My email address is callmestorm@hotmail.com or my phone is 360.305.6225 let me know if this would be ok for the Kith.
3ddv6P3.jpg

It's a 9" chef 1 7/8" at the heal. I took it to a 800 grit finish then did scotch brite pulls. It's . 095 15n20 full flat to near zero and distal taper. Tempered twice at 300 degrees. 7.5 Oz and balanced right in front of the handle.

Last edited:
CsIovWj.jpg

jj7Kn7g.jpg

dUFhFIK.jpg

It's not perfect by any means. I messed up on one of the scales with the blood wood and just don't have time to do it over. I'm going to be super tight in getting something to put it in.

My email address is callmestorm@hotmail.com or my phone is 360.305.6225 let me know if this would be ok for the Kith.
3ddv6P3.jpg

It's a 9" chef 1 7/8" at the heal. I took it to a 800 grit finish then did scotch brite pulls. It's . 095 15n20 full flat to near zero and distal taper. Tempered twice at 300 degrees. 7.5 Oz and balanced right in front of the handle.

Yes, that is a great knife!

CsIovWj.jpg

jj7Kn7g.jpg

dUFhFIK.jpg

3ddv6P3.jpg

I wouldn't kick it out of MY kitchen.

I got to close to the lightening holes in the finger notch. It's not super noticible but it's driving me nuts.

I got to close to the lightening holes in the finger notch. It's not super noticible but it's driving me nuts.

No, it’s not perfect, but it’s a very serviceable knife that is better finished than many kith knives have been. I’d be happy to receive that knife. Don’t worry about it as a submission.

Warren

Sorry guys but I’m going to have to drop out . I have no time and insufficient abrasives to finish the knife

I didnt manage to finish mine, i am gonna have to drop out . sorry guys

Mine is glued up. Cutting it close. We’ve had a hell of a time this month between the flu, crisis in my real job, and my wife totaled our truck on icy roads. I’m going to have to use a padded zippered pouch instead of a saya, but it’ll work. I can make a saya, but I won’t have time to properly finish it. I’ll check with the recipient to see if they want a saya that they can oil once they get it.

Warren

Mine is glued up. Cutting it close. We’ve had a hell of a time this month between the flu, crisis in my real job, and my wife totaled our truck on icy roads. I’m going to have to use a padded zippered pouch instead of a saya, but it’ll work. I can make a saya, but I won’t have time to properly finish it. I’ll check with the recipient to see if they want a saya that they can oil once they get it.

Warren

I hear that. Everyone at my work has been sick as hell. I took 3 days off or work this past week and worked from home just to stay away from them. Haha. Fortunately I can get away with it. Sorry to hear about your vehicle. Hope your wife was able to walk away unharmed.

I hear that. Everyone at my work has been sick as hell. I took 3 days off or work this past week and worked from home just to stay away from them. Haha. Fortunately I can get away with it. Sorry to hear about your vehicle. Hope your wife was able to walk away unharmed.

Wife was bruised up and sore. We were lucky.

Thanks. It’s been a tough flu season. The flu shot missed the mark this year, and many people got sick anyway.

I’m almost done. The curly maple handle was drilled a bit off Center, and I ground into the epoxy. If I wasn’t organizing this kith, I wouldn’t have been able to make the deadline. I now have a black linen micarta handle glued up. I should be able to shape it after supper. I might have to give myself a one day extension to finish. I wouldn’t feel right not submitting a knife. To make it fair, if anyone else needs an extra day to finish, take it. I’ll do the draw Tuesday.

i ended up with a spare hour yesterday and managed to get my ironwood handle mocked up with corbys and ready to glue. The blade is still only hand sanded to 220 grit though...i came close, real close.

I'll finish mine tonight. I decided to watch the game yesterday since we got a day of reprieve. Made the sheath based on a pattern, if it fits it ships, if it doesn't mine will have to be sheathless.

Back