WIP Wednesdays

Thx for sharing. Seems Instagram is the primary source for updates now these days. Would be nice to now see some realistic timeframes put out for those waiting on knives the past 18mos to nearly 3 years.

Maybe something in the lines of Presales of the 4.1s ordered between JAN16 to MAR16 and F2nds from ????? to ????? are currently in the shop for finishing with shipping dates starting on ???. Too much mystery/drama with the pics in my opinion, its just eye candy I suppose until it hits the mail box.

Maybe something in the lines of Presales of the 4.1s ordered between JAN16 to MAR16 and F2nds from ????? to ????? are currently in the shop for finishing with shipping dates starting on ???. Too much mystery/drama with the pics in my opinion, its just eye candy I suppose until it hits the mail box.

We've been updating on the 4.1 orders shipping over here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/4-1-seconds-order-average-shipping-time.1509595/page-6
My order #10862 from Feb 24th arrived with the last batch of shipments (notified on 12/20), but I also have an F1 Starter 4.1 on order that was not in the box. Pre-order 4.1s are shipping alongside F2nds, according to recent updates, but you'd have to check with folks receiving them as to order #s and dates...

Chiral, do you mean that you previously received a 4.1 Starter and recently received a 4.1 2nd as well?
The 4.1 starter orders are supposed to all be filled by now because they are already shipping the preorders.

The starter program was for 1st gen knives. The 2cd gen was a pre order for firsts then 2cds were offered followed by pre sale factory firsts and lastly Bettys. At least that is how I remember it...... Guess I was wrong, sorry about that.

Last edited:
^^ No, the Starter Program was for second Gen knives for 4.1, 5.1, 3.5, 6, 7/7, 10, i.e. the knives that had a First Gen. The others: 2.7, 4.5, 4.7, 8, 12 are first Generation starting with the Starter Program, as they are new models.

EtA: I wrote this in a thread a long time ago:

First, there was the Starter Campaign. Everyone who participated had free upgrades plus a discount based on the amount of the order. When the Starter finished, many people still wanted to place orders, so Survive! kept the orders opened - this became the Preorder - still free upgrades but no other discount. Later on, there were a few models (i'm aware of the 4.7 in CPM154) that were offered at Presale - no free upgrades. The presale happened just before the model went into production (if I remember correctly). I'm currently patiently waiting on 3 orders: one Starter, one Preorder and one Presale :). I hope this info helps..

Last edited:
This is from the 'Starter Campaign' email received on March 9, 2015:

The SURVIVE! Starter is a crowd funding promotion we have come up with to help us increase production numbers and efficiency. You can participate by Buying a Knife or Buying Store Credit. This promotion will run from now until April 30th. Head over to the new SURVIVE! Starter section of SurviveKnives.com to get all the details!

Please Note: We will be adding images for the new and updated knife models as soon as the SolidWorks renderings are completed.

We are also going to be doing some Spring Cleaning to make room for new production. In addition to lowering some of our prices for good, we will also be offering a 20% discount on current production knives. Check back often, this will affect the Necker II as well as the upcoming GSO-3.5, GSO-4.1 and GSO-5 knives. The SURVIVE! Starter knives are not eligible for this additional discount.

Last edited:
Makes my head spin when I even try to understand all the different sales categories. Luckily for me, I discovered S!K so late that I was only able to get on preorders and don’t have to try that hard. Or was it presales?
No idea anymore. Head is spinning again...

And I thought I had it all figured out by now, lol!
Always something new to learn in S/K! history 101, thanks for clearing it all up for me.

I am sorry to Silver Needle Silver Needle for mucking up his Wednesday-thread. :(
I have ordered and owned a few S!K knives since my first order for GSO-10s back during the first production-run (after the EDC-4, which I was not a part of).

During the 2015 Starter campaign I ordered (April '15) a 5.1, 4.7, 4.1, 3.5, & 12 - of these, I have received the 5.1 & 4.7. I am waiting on the 4.1 Starter, as well as the 3.5 & 12.

August '16 "pre-ordered" a GSO-10; November '16 "pre-ordered" a 4LE (and a couple other things); February '17 ordered an F2 4.1; September '17 ordered F2 4LE. The F2 4.1 is the knife I received from the shipments going out currently.

S!K production updates indicate that F2 & Pre-order 4.1s are shipping alongside F2 & Pre-order 7/7s. I do not have a 7/7 on order (Starter or otherwise) so cannot comment on their progress, I can only comment that my own Starter 4.1 was not shipped along with my F2 4.1. This may be due to (a) didn't have my particular combination of steel/scale/sheath/hardware at the ready or (b) some other jerk had an F1 order ahead of mine or with a stated delivery time that is well past initial estimates/promises (like all those F2s), or (c) an oversight. I am inclined to assume (b) so I can blame all of you people ;)

But seriously, if anyone has received a Starter 4.1 already, let us know (and that does not include the Edgeworks blade that came out WAY ahead of the pack).

^^ No, the Starter Program was for second Gen knives for 4.1, 5.1, 3.5, 6, 7/7, 10, i.e. the knives that had a First Gen. The others: 2.7, 4.5, 4.7, 8, 12 are first Generation starting with the Starter Program, as they are new models.

EtA: I wrote this in a thread a long time ago:

First, there was the Starter Campaign. Everyone who participated had free upgrades plus a discount based on the amount of the order. When the Starter finished, many people still wanted to place orders, so Survive! kept the orders opened - this became the Preorder - still free upgrades but no other discount. Later on, there were a few models (i'm aware of the 4.7 in CPM154) that were offered at Presale - no free upgrades. The presale happened just before the model went into production (if I remember correctly). I'm currently patiently waiting on 3 orders: one Starter, one Preorder and one Presale :). I hope this info helps..

That is pretty much the order of operation to my understanding as well. I got in on two Starters back I believe in APR 15 (the 3.5 and the 4.7) and than my order for a F1st 4.1 was in June of 2016 (after their Pre-Order so mine was a Pre-Sale). Yes, it can all be quite confusing but the Starters in 2015 did indeed initiate the 2nd Gen models. Its obvious the F2nd 4.1s from early this year are starting to be fulfilled but would certainly like to get some info on the Preorders and Presales.

Back