WIP Wednesdays

Holy smokes, that may be my Starter 4.1!!! Look close, you will see that it also has a firesteel notch :D
If it comes with a green sheath, and is a 'first', then I may soon be holding it in my hands. :thumbsup:

Although, I actually talked to Ellie months and months ago and said I would be OK without the divot but that comment may never have made it into documentation... Or the knife isn't mine at all and some other lucky jerk is getting it ;)
I hope I'm not getting your hopes up. I hope it is yours!

Here's the copy/paste:

surviveknives
WIP Wednesday! The GSO-4.1 handles have ALL been resized! After spending months doing handwork, Guy, with the help of @millitknives, was able to come up with a faster solution to correct the handle issues we have been dealing with. Months’ worth of work was done in a matter of days! Guy was able to complete all the GSO-4.1 handles, and a good portion of GSO-7/7 and GSO-4 Ltd handles. A HUGE thank you to @millitknives for allowing Guy to take over one of your mills! Keep an eye out for our 1st Friday Production Update for more details about Guy’s time down at Millit! Shipping labels coming soon!
#surviveknives #wipwednesday #workinprogress #worksmarternotharder #surviveproductionupdate #gso41 #craftnotcrap #bonuswippostcomingsoon

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagra...9032_147698532595633_342478890218930877_n.mp4

26866672_462946047437050_7588782280852635648_n.jpg

26870712_2046862658862364_6419850976412303360_n.jpg

26868122_1707313222664512_6637477497581600768_n.jpg

For thousands of handles, how many labor hours go into doing something a CNC machine can do in a few seconds? Great job Survive! team!
Guy had these handles machined once, I don't suppose he was enthusiastic about having them machined again.
Millit must have impressed him with their ability to do precise machining and cut him a great deal on machine time. :)
I wonder if Guy will actually be able to bolt knives together and resist the temptation to do more hand fitting?

Guy had these handles machined once, I don't suppose he was enthusiastic about having them machined again.
Millit must have impressed him with their ability to do precise machining and cut him a great deal on machine time. :)
I wonder if Guy will actually be able to bolt knives together and resist the temptation to do more hand fitting?
We shall see... go check out the GSO 12 on instagram!

Who's sorry he didn't pre-order the GSO12? Besides me :D

ME! I was seriously thinking of calling and begging them to let me order one. Im sure somebody placed an order for one and then cancelled it. There has to be some unaccounted for in the numbers

I hope you are right Chiral! On a side note I had requested that feature a long time ago if possible from the shop, so if that is what that looks like that must be mine right? LOL-
Do you think they could have liked the idea so much that they implemented it for the entire run?

ME! I was seriously thinking of calling and begging them to let me order one. Im sure somebody placed an order for one and then cancelled it. There has to be some unaccounted for in the numbers
I'm not sure if you're totally set on the GSO features or not, but the idea behind the SK 12 should make them easier to get at some point.

Do you think they could have liked the idea so much that they implemented it for the entire run?

Not even sure if that is what it is and it is true I did ask but at this point your guess is as good as mine.
Being able to put on a knuckle guard or forward mounted wrist strap if you want would be a nice feature.

Back