1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

WIP Wednesdays

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 27, 2017.

1. ajvail18

ajvail18 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2017
  2. CataD

CataD Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 2, 2013
    That's what I thought too. One of the # is #meridianidaho. Guess where Millit is? :D

3. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I told them to come to Boise when they moved the first time! :D

Silver Needle, Fancier and CataD like this.
  4. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Can't believe they're moving again. I had to look up where Millit is, I'm in agreement with you guys. Hopefully this business partnership gets everything moving in the right direction.

The WIP Wednesday pics have been nice and all, but it's really good to see some of the pictured 4.1s getting out to people :thumbsup:

5. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep, we figured you folks following along would catch those hashtags and guess it. We will be very close to Millit. I am particularly looking forward to being in an area where we will have reliable phone and internet. It was pretty awkward to think, "There really haven't been many phone calls this week..." before realizing that the line didn't have a dial tone. :mad:

There will be a bit more information in the newsletter on Friday.

6. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I hope that it proves a productive move for you guys. And I hope you like the area. Much higher population than Kellogg (to say the least) but still lots to do in the outdoors. I'll wave when I blow through the valley on deliveries :D

Oyster and ajvail18 like this.
  7. ajvail18

Jan 12, 2017
  8. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Two weeks to move the shop doesn't seem unreasonable.
    In my experience the moving truck is fast and cheap compared to what the electrician charges to wire everything up. ;)

9. ajvail18

Jan 12, 2017
  10. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    What's up with knife blank above the micrometer, the plunge cut angle looks different. Maybe that will be a new kind of Betty?

11. ajvail18

Jan 12, 2017
    Looks like the 4 limited?

12. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    What I noticed is that the towels must have been lost in the move, those benches are filthy! ;)
    Based on previous pictures I'm guessing that those knives with the different plunge line angle are GSO 3.5.
    Also, they look like freshly machined blades, and everything else has been sitting around the shop long enough to get dingy. :D

13. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I hope there is a mountain of SK blades nearly ready as well.

14. ajvail18

Jan 12, 2017
  15. ajvail18

Jan 12, 2017
    Fancier, chiral.grolim and Psybull like this.
  16. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    All those lovely blades!

17. squarebox86

squarebox86

Feb 6, 2014
    [​IMG]

Werent GSO12 suppose to have a bolo shape? Now it seems to be just a longer GSO10.

Compared:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  18. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    May be the perspective of the photo, but, yah they do look remarkably different.

19. squarebox86

squarebox86

Feb 6, 2014
    Perhaps they revised it so there will be less material wastage and have a more practical sheath?
    There was a debate on the sheath style for the GSO12. To have a bolo shape, the sheath would have to be open-back.

20. ajvail18

Jan 12, 2017
    https://instagram.com/p/BeoZr_El7a4/
    These pictures are from January. Better view of the blade shape.