Wish me luck, smoke and prayers would be nice

Wow!

Will pray for you too.

Just keep after your heart's desire, one way or another...

A noble pursuit, to be sure. I am just trying to learn to play the guitar again, along with my 11 year old son.

Julian Bream is my favorite guitarist. His renditions of Albeniz' "Mallorca" and Bach's "Chaconne in D" are my two favoritest pieces of instrumental music ever.

Thanks for desiring to add to the beauty found in this world!

Tom

Just an update. I am rescheduled for Dec. 5 thru Dec 18. Work was good about it, and at least the wait will only be another month.

Yes!!!:thumbup: :D :cool: And that isn't an echo, just exuberance which I imagine that you are feeling now that the future is clearer than it was just a few days ago.
The best of luck in your endeavors Bob!!!!:thumbup: :cool: :D

kabong.jpg

KABONG!

This is great, Bob:thumbup: We want pics, we want stories, we want...T-shirts;)

Jake

Ok, another development. The instructor has now found out that his wife's family wants to visit the weeks we had rescheduled for. He is willing to tell them to come some other time if I can't reschedule again, in January. I probably can, but I am wondering what you guys would do. I am frustrated, I want to get to this, I have waited a long time. At the same time I don't want to be the cause of a bunch of tension if he has to tell them not to come. They are family and I put a high value on that myself. I don't think there can easily be a situation where they come when I am there, as I am renting the spare apartment that the inlaws would stay in otherwise. I want him to be focused on teaching me and not distracted by family concerns or restentful that I denied his family coming when they could. I am ready to pull my teeth out. Any input will be considered, I am pretty sure what my course of action will be, I just want to get some feedback first. Maybe I just want to vent. This is driving me nuts.

Bob I'd okay the family coming and get that out of the way.
After the family visit your teacher may be more relaxed and apt to do a better job in the time he has alloted for you.
I know I'd want it as fast as possible myself if I were in the same position but most of the time what we're willing to wait on makes it even more precious when we do finally get it.:thumbup: :D

That was my inclination too Yvsa, and that is what I am going to do. But man, what a mess this has been. The best laid schemes of mice and men and all that. I started this thread a day too soon.

Bob?

You will do what is right.

Just tell him how important it is to you...then let him make the timing decision as it can fit into your "time-off" schedule. He will appreciate it.

It is nice to have something wonderful to look forward to. Enjoy the anticipation, ignore the aggravation.

Be well and safe.

It'll be worth it, and none of this headache will matter after the fact. It'll just season the story years from now. Who knows, maybe he lives in a castle at the top of craggy cliff...which you must freeclimb...then battle the guardian dragon. From it's scales you will craft the body of the guitar, from it's guts the strings. It's been this much of a PITA, i'm sure it'll be worth it 100 times over.

Best of luck to you, sir!

Jake

Back