With the knife market slowing down what's everyone still hunting for?

There doesn't seem to be much exciting that's new coming out, the last craze was for the shamwari models but even that's died down quite a bit.

Zt's new range no one understands what direction they are going and I'm just not seeing the same level of stuff that used to grab me from anyone.

What's everyone else still seeing as a market boom?

Yeah I used to have a large collection but only have two left now, I am looking at the more fad driven market but I'm just not seeing the same interest anymore.

Man thays amazing. I've downsized a few times but it always seems to come back in different forms. What two made the cut? I'm extremely interested in which two you kept and why.

I got an email yesterday from North Arms Knives for a new Skaha II. So I bit.

It does look like the market has softened a bit the last month. I planned to sell a half dozen or more of my existing collection by the summer. Now I'm not so sure.

I'm in the process of thinning the herd. I've been going thru and getting stuff ready to sell.

I'm not really looking for anything specific, just hunting for deals as usual.

I'm tossing around the idea of my first HINDERER but buy once cry once...which to get? Jurassic or halftrack or xm-18....don't want to buy the wrong one.

Judging by the number of emails I receive advertising knives, I would say the market has dropped a bit. I am not in the market for any knife right now. That said, in past years, my buying generally took an up tick in March through June and slowed down into the fall unless something really grabbed my attention.

I'm waiting for some of Spyderco's new stuff still. Have my eye on the Tanto PM2, the Watu and others. Don't have much passion for ZT's new stuff at all. Don't have any Benchmades in my collection yet, however been eyeing a couple of their knives.

I’ve been looking for a nice non-flipper in the $400-$450 range. Preferably a titanium frame lock (I’ll never get sick of those). There’s a couple Reates that look good (Field Duty I think is the model).

However , I’m not interested in just Ti frame locks. I like the look of the Microtech SOCOM Elites with different color aluminum handles. Might get a green or tan one.

So I’ll keep looking for a few more days and make a decision by next week.

Can't say that there's a new folder that interests me enough to open my wallet - I've already got more than I need; but I'm not in the mood to deal with sales right now.
I'm always looking at fixed blades; even now, when I'm not looking to buy due to a few money hungry home projects - I committed to Josh's new fixed blade some time ago; and I need to resume communication with Robert Erickson about one we'd been discussing

I'm tossing around the idea of my first HINDERER but buy once cry once...which to get? Jurassic or halftrack or xm-18....don't want to buy the wrong one.
3.5 xm-18 with a slicer grind. I like my knives to cut, and Hinderers are very thick behind the edge. I loved the lock geometry they use, very reassuring. The handle fits like a glove, I have L-XL hands. I'll be hunting for a gen 4 again soon, I actually prefer the teflon washers. FWIW

With everything going on, the Brown LHC-X custom build didnt sold out in seconds as always, so I ordered one
JG is still hard to get, but I’ve seen more on the market
Manage to get on some makers list at last,
And on every fbk group you can see how it has affected the economy, lots of good deals going on

I've got my eye on the 940 Osborne.
Not hard to find and I don't need one but... I like it.

I already have an Ontario SP10 Marine Raider and a BlackJack 125 and McDonald's has all the plastic pancake forks that I will ever need so i dont have anymore knife need reguardless of what the market or fad is.

In the future I may be looking for a sword. They say in the end times that they will be chopping off the heads of Christians so when they cut mine off I want a quality but we'll priced sword.

I may just tell them to bury me with my BlackJack 125 and to chop my head off with my Marine Raider and to take all the plastic forks and stick them in their donkies. Wait, I may live longer if i have them chop my head off with the plastic knives and to stick my Marine Raider in their donkies.

There are also a lot of makers selling their Bladeshow stock, received an email of CKF FIF 20 and Sanfu 2 will go up on their website, the Holt’s are having crazy lotteries, lot of custom and midtech going on sale

Ive seen some discounts going on and have jumped on a few recently although been keeping the knife budget tighter lately due to a slow down in work. More Budget friendly knives with good designs and decent materials still satisfy the urge and I have enough higher end folders to hold me over for a while....i hope. Latest acquisitions were a couple USA made Kershaws under 100 bucks (bareknuckle 20cv and composite blade dividend) and a Civivi front flipper which was under 50 bucks. im pretty happy with all 3.

Back