Women and Knives: Why More Women Need To Carry A Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
oL6jl76.jpg

DKJhx9l.gif

Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

No dude it's impossible for my revolver to kill someone unloaded and pointed in a safe direction, while dry firing. It's also harmless to the firing pin, and it's not what ever I say it's what the manufacturer says and common sense.

No dude it's impossible for my revolver to kill someone unloaded and pointed in a safe direction, while dry firing. It's also harmless to the firing pin, and it's not what ever I say it's what the manufacturer says and common sense.

Bullets can go through walls, and repeatedly hitting the firing pin wears on it, but...

Bullets can go through walls, and repeatedly hitting the firing pin wears on it, but...

This revolver was purchased over 40 years ago, and has been dry fired a lot for trigger control pracice. It has suffered no ill effects at all, and fires just fine. Bill Jordan, author of "No Second Place Winner" and veteran U.S. Border Patrol officer recommend dry firing for trigger pracice. As did Jim Cirillo of the New York State out squad and author of many gun articles.
14875610460_e28c2d31a9_c.jpg

The revolvers that cannot be dry fired are the rimfire revolvers like the S&W model 617, and model 63's. The center fire revolvers with the hammer mounted firing pin is fine.

Yeah, dry firing a center fire revolver will not hurt it any more than shooting it. Some rimfires are the same way, but I generally go with the manufacturer's guidelines on that one on a gun by gun basis.

Some of you guys,should get a life....

I don't see anything wrong with any posts and comments made by girls here,they all have their own ways,how they see tools like knives,guns etc.They have the same right to express themselves,their opinions and knowledge they have gathered or learned throughout their lifes.I am very happy they are also here and always glad to listen to or read their additions in form of comments,videos,pictures etc...BladeGirl has posted just for fun some picture here holding some plastic bb gun in this or that position and all of a sudden some of criticism is going overboard related to that,even she have stated number of times her intention was fun.If you guys still can't get over it,than there is seriously something wrong with you,permanent.If you guys feel that somebody hold some weapon or knife on picture inapropriate way,than common courtesy would be send him/her private message with your brief description in what is to the best of your knowledge wrong etc.-instead of putting him/her down publicly the way some of you did to BladeGirl.This nice and lovely girl among us,had no bad intentions in any way,rather she did,what many of you guys did'nt -expressed herself and her opinions related to topic of knives/guns/preparedness etc.-to the best of her knowledge and THAT'S WHAT COUNTS! You guys,sitting behind computer desk criticising others from the safety of "anonymity" what they have done wrong or bad is very easy....Are you so good in what you guys claim to be and can teach others? Why don't you go public like she did and prove yourself out there? Do you think, you know it all? You are wrong....all the way.We all learn throughout the life and will never be prepared for all,what life will throw at us enough.In relation to BladeGirl's channel on youtube etc.-it is non of your business to make any comments related to if she does or not having any income from it!!! This was utterly disrespectfull and insulting comment all the way! If you are so smart guys-go and make your own channel and take care of your own business and income instead of making these comments that are equal only cowards.

BladeGirl,Catherine Montana,Jill Jackson and all other girls, there are people who do have respect towards you and are happy,that you girls are here,also enjoying knives,swords and that you share together our common passion for them.Looking forward for all your posts on BF

Kind regards

S&W has long sanctioned unlimited dry firing of their centerfire revolvers. An unloaded revolver pointed in a SAFE direction is not going to harm anyone. The key word is SAFE, that means where even if it did happen to be loaded it can not harm anyone.

From S&W website:

Can I dry fire my S&W handgun?
Q: Can I dry fire my Smith & Wesson?

A: Yes, except for the .22 caliber pistols which includes models 22A, 22S, 422, 2206, 2214, 2213 and 41.

.22 caliber revolvers such as models 17, 43, 63, 317 and 617 also should not be dry fired.

Q: Why can't I dry fire my .22 pistol or revolver?

A: Dry firing a S&W .22 pistol or revolver will cause damage to the firing pin.

RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

Please explain how any of these rules are negotiable, how they should be joked about on a public forum, and how one can logically justify breaking them on a public forum, and no one is allowed to publicly criticize that person.

Irresponsible in every way look it up. Gun people look bad knife people look bad the whole thread is Irresponsible.

measuring-swimsuit-lengths_modesty.jpg

Lots of wannabe Mods telling paying members how to think!

I couldn't agree more.

Eric

Well, I thought it was a funny picture. Crazy the things people get worked up about.:)

OK!! she got it,lets please move on now,thank you.

Blade Girl, keep doing what you do. so many people here find it refreshing and informative.
Just my two cents.

Some of you guys,should get a life....

I don't see anything wrong with any posts and comments made by girls here,they all have their own ways,how they see tools like knives,guns etc.They have the same right to express themselves,their opinions and knowledge they have gathered or learned throughout their lifes.I am very happy they are also here and always glad to listen to or read their additions in form of comments,videos,pictures etc...BladeGirl has posted just for fun some picture here holding some plastic bb gun in this or that position and all of a sudden some of criticism is going overboard related to that,even she have stated number of times her intention was fun.If you guys still can't get over it,than there is seriously something wrong with you,permanent.If you guys feel that somebody hold some weapon or knife on picture inapropriate way,than common courtesy would be send him/her private message with your brief description in what is to the best of your knowledge wrong etc.-instead of putting him/her down publicly the way some of you did to BladeGirl.This nice and lovely girl among us,had no bad intentions in any way,rather she did,what many of you guys did'nt -expressed herself and her opinions related to topic of knives/guns/preparedness etc.-to the best of her knowledge and THAT'S WHAT COUNTS! You guys,sitting behind computer desk criticising others from the safety of "anonymity" what they have done wrong or bad is very easy....Are you so good in what you guys claim to be and can teach others? Why don't you go public like she did and prove yourself out there? Do you think, you know it all? You are wrong....all the way.We all learn throughout the life and will never be prepared for all,what life will throw at us enough.In relation to BladeGirl's channel on youtube etc.-it is non of your business to make any comments related to if she does or not having any income from it!!! This was utterly disrespectfull and insulting comment all the way! If you are so smart guys-go and make your own channel and take care of your own business and income instead of making these comments that are equal only cowards.

BladeGirl,Catherine Montana,Jill Jackson and all other girls, there are people who do have respect towards you and are happy,that you girls are here,also enjoying knives,swords and that you share together our common passion for them.Looking forward for all your posts on BF

Kind regards

Seriousbladeno1, well said!

Thank you everyone. I appreciate it. Yes, these whom we are dealing with need to go back to whine and cheese. I call it internet road rage...they are behind the comfort of their monitor throwing out orders, scorn, hatred, judgment..when in truth, their backside probably looks like a jumbo pancake from all the sitting, lack of nothing, and utter boredom..and the fact that the last few things I stated, really, were that I get the point and I removed the picture that bothered them to try and make it right yet they are still going on about it, insulting me, making fun of me, belittling me, and so forth shows what 'their agenda' is really about. A real person would have probably said, "Oh, I see what you mean BG, but I don't necessarily agree with that. But thanks for respecting me enough to take it down..." and then they would have dropped it. What we are dealing with here are a bunch of bored to death crack pot trolls who sit at home drinking stale old coffee out of yesterday's sweaty socks. They don't need to sharpen their blades since they never use them, obviously, because their fingers are too busy moving around punching keys trying to insult, humiliate, and interrogate people so their lazy butts can feel better about themselves... OMG! A NEW MEMBER ON BF...AND IT'S A GIRL! WE CAN'T HAVE THAT! GOD FORBID. Air out your sweaty socks boys and change your undies for crying out loud... Because to be honest, I have news for you..your stuff DOES INDEED STINK! But, you're not running me off. And for God's sake, please actually USE your knives for something besides an excuse to go around the internet bullying people with your stupid, inane BS. Thanks!

Irresponsible in every way look it up. Gun people look bad knife people look bad the whole thread is Irresponsible.

And serving to perpetuate the myth in the media/press that all knife and gun aficionados are nut cases. Thank you for this , Ms. Leahz.

We're digressing now . What is Ms. Leahz's agenda here ?

It really doesn't matter.

I don't buy into that Christian doomsday bull hockey, and I won't be watching her post on it either. But the bottom line is, this is a forum, and as long as Spark and the mods see fit to okay her posts, then so be it. Who are you?

And going a bit further, even though I don't hold with anything she's saying much, there's a thing that goes way beyond Spark and the forums, called the First Ammendment. She's got free speech just as you have for your spouting off. If you don't like it, don't partake. But you can't stop the girl from exercising her free speech as long as Spark and the mods feel she's okay. It doesn't matter if she's trying to drum up the numbers for her blog or Youtube videos. This isn't my forum and it's not up to me. Like my old man once said, 'if you don't like the program, don't listen to it.'

You know, I spent 10 years in the army, and I remember the day I enlisted. There was this oath we took "to protect and defend the Constitution Of The United States, from all enemies foreign and domestic." I guess that means everyone has the same rights, and it doesn't matter if they are saying all kinds of nice things about Vladimir Lenin or Uncle Joseph Stalin. They have the right to say it. In here, it's up to spark and his mods.

BG, you actually deserved some criticism over the gun picture and that would probably have occurred in most any forum that is outdoor related. Publically.... unfortunately, yes in my opinion. It serves as education for others versus just signalling you out. And, life goes on hopefully. Good luck tomorrow BG.

Have not checked if the other one is gone yet, but it needs to me. If it is still there, I will voice a complaint with the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back