Won't be using a knife much for awhile!

Dang! Had my ortho appointment today. For the last three weeks I've been hoping it's not a torn rotator cuff, but now I wish it was! Turns out I dislocated my shoulder out the back of the socket!:eek: The surgeon said 95% of dislocations are out the front (aka Mel Gibson's character in Lethal Weapon). Having it forced out the back is rare and usually only seen in cases of electrocution. I need to come back and get a CT and an MRI to decide what they're going to do with it but I was told it was a "tricky" and "complicated" case.

And wouldn't you know it, I just ordered a new Beretta 1301 Tactical 12ga day before yesterday.:rolleyes:

That sounds sucky! (and painful) Hope it is not a prolonged fix and recovery.

Sorry about your injury, hope you get back to normal quickly!

Jeff

Shoulder injuries suck, I had a torn biceps tendon repaired about 4 years ago. Good luck with your surgery and smoke sent.

Dang! Had my ortho appointment today. For the last three weeks I've been hoping it's not a torn rotator cuff, but now I wish it was! Turns out I dislocated my shoulder out the back of the socket!:eek: The surgeon said 95% of dislocations are out the front (aka Mel Gibson's character in Lethal Weapon). Having it forced out the back is rare and usually only seen in cases of electrocution. I need to come back and get a CT and an MRI to decide what they're going to do with it but I was told it was a "tricky" and "complicated" case.

And wouldn't you know it, I just ordered a new Beretta 1301 Tactical 12ga day before yesterday.:rolleyes:

Hi Rob -

Good luck with the healing - I hope it comes out great, and enjoy the Easter holiday with your family!

My "check liver" light went on a couple of months back, so I had some testing done. It was all self-inflicted and I have stopped drinking alcohol, and it has been much better.

best

mqqn

Hi Rob -

Good luck with the healing - I hope it comes out great, and enjoy the Easter holiday with your family!

My "check liver" light went on a couple of months back, so I had some testing done. It was all self-inflicted and I have stopped drinking alcohol, and it has been much better.

best

mqqn

I honestly forgot it was Easter coming up!:p I feel you; I quit drinking in October of 2012 and it was the best move I've made in decades.

Shoulder injuries suck, I had a torn biceps tendon repaired about 4 years ago. Good luck with your surgery and smoke sent.
I've had a torn (separated) bicep for three years -- VA said there was nothing they could do about it and sent me home with some all-purpose capsules and a day of bed rest (that's a bit of a humorous exaggeration!). How long did the recovery take and what percentage have you come back to?

I've had a torn (separated) bicep for three years -- VA said there was nothing they could do about it and sent me home with some all-purpose capsules and a day of bed rest (that's a bit of a humorous exaggeration!). How long did the recovery take and what percentage have you come back to?
Luckily the full tear was fairly recent when I had the surgery. The physical therapy was tough, but I have full range of motion and it took about a year to get there..

How are you feeling, any better?
Not bad. Just got my second jab of Pfizer on Thurs, and unlikr the 1st one this left my arm pretty sore and me overall feeling crappy for a couple days. Feeling pretty good again, the useless right arm notwithstanding!;)šŸ˜ It's immesnely frustrating to try to type, eat, put my socks on, etc. But hopefully it will pass eventually.šŸ¦¾

Back