Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

Not sure if I ever posted this one here?

Chen Duty I with custom maple burl handles. I had the handle reshaped to fit my hands by a good friend and we decided why not go the whole way and put some beautiful wood and pins on it instead of the tactical micarta it originally had. :)

chen_09.jpg

chen_10.jpg

chen_11.jpg

Galvanic, that's quite a unique knife! Nick on the main and long pull on the secondary- never seen that before! And the frame is kind of a swayback teardrop- never seen that before! Stamping on the spine- never seen that before! It's not April Fools Day, is it?
Just kidding, I love it!

I've got my curly zebrawood teardrop today.
8Qewd0w.jpg

Last edited:
Carrying my Spanish olive wood Joker this week:
YjN7qcd.jpg

Still carrying this gift my daughter gave me last week (also from Spain, and olive wood, I think):
lag.pile.closed.jpg

And I shouldn't forget this British rosewood that cut my broccoli and grapes for breakfast and my apple and nuked potato for lunch today:
5ei7njz.jpg

- GT

So many knives I want to comment on today, hopefully you all can bear with me.

Not sure if I ever posted this one here?

Chen Duty I with custom maple burl handles. I had the handle reshaped to fit my hands by a good friend and we decided why not go the whole way and put some beautiful wood and pins on it instead of the tactical micarta it originally had. :)

chen_09.jpg

chen_10.jpg

chen_11.jpg

I am particularly fond of micarta on fixed blade knives. Not so much for aesthetics but more for its sheer practicality in terms of a working knife's handle material. That being said, I think that maple burl is stunning and does an exceptional job of dressing that knife up. Beautiful.

American Jack in Cocobolo arrived yesterday. In the watch pocket today. :thumbsup::cool:

NqTffgD.jpg

I'd have to agree, that tree captured in the bolster is a convenient "accident", I love it when that happens. Great picture of a terrific knife!

Canal Street Cutlery - Half Moon Trapper in American Chestnut
gCUjZeL.jpg

I enjoy seeing the Canal Street knives when they pop up, such a shame that they went away and even more so that I came along too late to experience their greatness.

I am beginning to enjoy more and more seeing knives that sport American woods like Walnut (something I've always been partial to), Chestnut, Osage, Oak, etc. Your knife is no exception, chestnut has some really nice grain to it.

I've got my curly zebrawood teardrop today.
8Qewd0w.jpg

I've been enjoying seeing your Zebrawood Queens lately, such a unique wood.

This one is from GEC’s recent run of Desert Ironwood #78’s. View attachment 819540 View attachment 819541

This recent run of Ironwood 78s has certainly given me cause to expand my wood interests. I will certainly be paying more attention the next time a run is done in this wood. There were a lot of terrific examples produced.

Lots of excellent variety today in the displayed woods! Snakewood is so unmistakable and absolutely stunning. A fine pairing you have there.

Is that the Texas Camp Knife is Bocote? Or is that Kingwood? I can't recall off the top of my head. I hope they do another run of those some day, such a cool knife.

This TC that I recently picked up has some of the smoothest Ebony in my budding collection, not a lot of visible grain to it.

vKvjh2C.jpg

Wooden Wednesday is awesome! Great pics everyone... here is my contribution and then it's off to curling league... whopping -5 degrees in Wisconsin. My wife said it's sad that I did not have any Case knives so she got me three of them for Christmas. Below is one of them, 3" Curly Maple Case 7215 jack knife :D

Case3.JPG Case2.JPG Case1.JPG
- V_P

Back